• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aus A vs India at Sydney, 11-13 Dec 2020

aussie tragic

International Captain
Current squads for this really important pink ball warm-up game before the 1st Test (starts 2:30pm AEDT Friday). Should be lots of Test players on display.

Australia A: Abbott, Burns, Carey(c), Conway, Green, Harris, Henriques, Maddinson, McDermott, Steketee, Sutherland, Swepson

Injured: Agar, Bird, M. Marsh, Pucovski
Withdrawn: Head, Neser, Paine, Pattinson

India Test squad: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Hanuma Vihari, Shubman Gill, Wriddhiman Saha(+), Rishabh Pant(+), Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Umesh Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Kuldeep Yadav, R. Ashwin, Mohd. Siraj.

Injured: Ravindra Jadeja

# Thankfully for Australia, no more Hardik Pandya :)

Edit: updated the A squad to final XII

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jokes aside, is Jadeja out because of the concussion or the hamstring?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think he was doing some fitness work on the boundary lines during the 2nd or 3rd game though? Either way, yes I think he may not play the first test. Just gotta hope Ash comes through for us again at Adelaide. And hopefully MCG can see both of them play. I am more worried about the 3rd seamer. Umesh is fine but the attack just loses so much potency without Ishant with the new ball, giving us both control and hostility.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Paine, Head, Pattinson and Neser going to Adelaide to join the Test squad.

Ben McDermott joins so A squad down to 12 players. Carey will captain

I didn't think a player could just join the squad like that? Well that's what Langer said to defend why Cummins couldn't be brought back to T20 squad.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Paine, Head, Pattinson and Neser going to Adelaide to join the Test squad.

Ben McDermott joins so A squad down to 12 players. Carey will captain

I didn't think a player could just join the squad like that? Well that's what Langer said to defend why Cummins couldn't be brought back to T20 squad.
I am assuming this means Starc may well sit out the game?

aussie tragic

International Captain
Steketee and Henriques out with Wildermuth in (think Henriques injured).

No Kohli or Pujara with India winning toss and batting. Also playing both WKs and no spinner

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No spinner selected either.

I think they're using this as a selection test (both Pant and Saha, all three of Gill, Shaw and Agarwal playing) instead of preparation which is not ideal imo.