• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aus A vs India at Sydney, 11-13 Dec 2020

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not sold on Gill yet but he is surely better than Shaw at the moment, even though I think Shaw has the greater upside overall as a test opener. I would rather play Rahul coz I think he is good enough to be one of the best batsmen in the world across formats and now that he seems to have rediscovered a certain method to his game, the time is ripe for him to get a run in the test side. I guess he will come in for Virat later in the series and I think Gill can give a good account of himself in this test but just personally, I would rather pick Rahul.

Burner

International Regular
What exactly has KL done to get a spot over either of Shaw or Gill. He's a proven failure as a test opener. I'd have Shaw open and then let Gill come in for Kohli. Will give them both the whole series.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He’s not a proven failure.

Typically I’m all for the incumbent but COVID has made it a lot harder plus Shaw looks crap.

I’d go Gill/Agarwal because it’s fun. Would’ve gone Rahul before watching Gill in the warmups.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Gill works as opener, would just keep him there and bring Rahul in at #4/5 for the 2nd test

gabbadan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Unusual circumstances this year but why do the selectors insist upon naming squad for first test so far in advance every season?

Couple of years ago, it was done to coincide with season launch and one of the chosen players was completely out of nick by game time
Agree.
I would have thought Alex Carey should be in the squad somewhere.