• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Athlai's Avengers

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Paine being meh by top six standards and Fawad batting out of position could definitely mean it isn't true. It's probably the best top five though.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't remember everyone else's top 6s but if you want to go back 18 months then maybe. Otherwise, in that time Younis Khan hasn't even picked up a bat and FdP and Latham couldn't buy a run until last month.

Forgive me, they both plundered Bangladesh at home. Whoop.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Which is my I'm sceptical of blokes who couldn't hit off the square for the last two years, against teams who weren't Bangladesh

Athlai

Not Terrible
Who do you think has played more matches in the last 10 or so months? Younis Khan or Steve Smith?

Go on, have a wee count

Jarquis

I'm not the one talking up my batting am I?

Edit: But having looked, it's Steve Smith. So I'm not quite sure what the point you're making is?

Athlai

Not Terrible
So you reckon Smith's fallen to ****e in 10 months? Or Younis in 24?

Speaking of 24 months, did you know Faf has the 17th most runs in the last 24 months, at 39? Latham 20th most runs @ 53. What a couple of absolute spuds.

Maybe I should've picked Marcus Harris to get someone in real hot form.

Jarquis

So you reckon Smith's fallen to ****e in 10 months? Or Younis in 24?

Speaking of 24 months, did you know Faf has the 17th most runs in the last 24 months, at 39? Latham 20th most runs @ 53. What a couple of absolute spuds.

Maybe I should've picked Marcus Harris to get someone in real hot form.
I still don't know what point you're trying to make?

And again, I don't know where I said my batting was better?

Jarquis

Though the irony is that Harris almost scored as many in 4 Tests as Latham has in two years against meaningful bowling attacks

Jarquis

Seems like you may not be following how the batting situation is at all itbt.
No, I appreciate that there's a dearth of exceptional Test quality batsmen around at the moment and so the best in this comp might not mean that it's an exceptional lineup.

I'd appreciate it if you could try and clarify the point you wished to make with regards to Smith and Khan though? I have no idea where you were going with that

Athlai

Not Terrible
Though the irony is that Harris almost scored as many in 4 Tests as Latham has in two years against meaningful bowling attacks
On closer inspection Harris has scored less Test runs in the last two years than Tim Southee. Maybe try batting him at 8?

Athlai

Not Terrible
No, I appreciate that there's a dearth of exceptional Test quality batsmen around at the moment and so the best in this comp might not mean that it's an exceptional lineup.

I'd appreciate it if you could try and clarify the point you wished to make with regards to Smith and Khan though? I have no idea where you were going with that
Smith hasn't played Tests. Smith is getting "I'm not playing Tests" owned, same as Khan.

Jarquis

Smith hasn't played Tests. Smith is getting "I'm not playing Tests" owned, same as Khan.
Yeah, but your point about who has played more games in the last 12 months? Did you just not do your research?

Also not sure if you're aware but (a) Smith has still been playing cricket, Younis hasn't and (b) Younis averaged sub-30 on his way out of the door