• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATG/ATVG XI which didn't perform as per their reputation against your side

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
If I'm not mistaken, Lara also struggled vs NZ stats wise. Averaged 41 vs an overall average of 53. I say stats wise because in only one series did Lara really fail vs Nz. Otherwise, he went at 40+ in all other series. That's what small sample sizes will do to your record...
In 2006 Bond was all over Lara.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Some other possible batsmen:
Gavaskar (38 v England, 51 overall)
Sangakkara (40 v England, 57 overall)
Kallis (44 v England (35 in England), 55 overall)

Bowlers:
Grimmett (32 v England, 24 overall)
Wasim Akram (30 v England, 23 overall)

Kapil would qualify as a bowler (37 v England) but not as a batsman (41 v England).
What? Akram didnt average 18 or something ridiculous like that against England?

Flem274*

123/5
Outside of one test in 2008, India outside India. I thought they were going to wipe the floor with a beaten and scarred NZ side in 2020. Nope.

Pakistan's #1 side was a real disappointment. I was so hyped for that series. They had such a fun team too and the several series between both sides beforehand had all been crackers.

I don't think Mahela Jayawardene really liked touring here much either.

English bowlers and James Anderson in particular since and including the 2013 series have always been a bit flat in NZ

Australia are like the perennial overachievers against us almost. They could show up with the Tasmanian under 12s and still win, such is their psychological hold over the current generation. Fleming needs to coach them.

Also ****ing Chanderpaul. I swear that **** batted continuously from 2008 - 2014 against us. I still remember the relief from him getting out to Wagner basically throwing the ball at him and he nicked the wide yorker through to the cordon.
If I'm not mistaken, Lara also struggled vs NZ stats wise. Averaged 41 vs an overall average of 53. I say stats wise because in only one series did Lara really fail vs Nz. Otherwise, he went at 40+ in all other series. That's what small sample sizes will do to your record...
Ha, goes to show how subjective memory is. I came in here to say Lara. The Bond series is seared into my brain.