• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATG/ATVG XI which didn't perform as per their reputation against your side

sunilz

International Regular
Warner
Graeme Smith
Lara
Williamson
Devilliers
Gilchrist
Stokes
Warne
Murali
Waqar
Ambrose

For Batsmen/Bowlers average should be atleast 20% worse against your side than career performance.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warner
Graeme Smith
Lara
Williamson
Devilliers
Gilchrist
Stokes
Warne
Murali
Waqar
Ambrose

For Batsmen/Bowlers average should be atleast 20% worse against your side than career performance.
where's ponting?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Warner
Graeme Smith
Lara
Williamson
Devilliers
Gilchrist
Stokes
Warne
Murali
Waqar
Ambrose

Murali has 2 tenfers and some 6-7 fivers iirc against India in tests including 2 MoM performances. His best ODI figures also came against india. So not sure why he is in the list.

sunilz

International Regular
Murali has 2 tenfers and some 6-7 fivers iirc against India in tests including 2 MoM performances. His best ODI figures also came against india. So not sure why he is in the list.
Compare his overall average to average against India.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There's not many that have under-performed playing at home against England, but there are quite a few who have underperformed in England, even allowing for the conditions here. It's off the top of my head, including a fair bit of guesswork, so bear with me where I'm miles out.
1. Hayden
2. Warner
3. Sehwag
4. Williamson
5. Rowe
6. Walters
7. Marsh
8. Lee
9. Thomson
10. McDermott
11. Bedi

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
There's not many that have under-performed playing at home against England, but there are quite a few who have underperformed in England, even allowing for the conditions here. It's off the top of my head, including a fair bit of guesswork, so bear with me where I'm miles out.
1. Hayden
2. Warner
3. Sehwag
4. Williamson
5. Rowe
6. Walters
7. Marsh
8. Lee
9. Thomson
10. McDermott
11. Bedi
I think Rowe only played two Tests in England and made half centuries in two out of his three innings.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think Rowe only played two Tests in England and made half centuries in two out of his three innings.
Looks like you've spotted the first problem with my XI. Impressive stuff if you knew that without checking.

EDIT
You're right too. His average in those tests virtually hits his overall test average.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like you've spotted the first problem with my XI. Impressive stuff if you knew that without checking.

EDIT
You're right too. His average in those tests virtually hits his overall test average.
I know stuff from that era without needing to check. But don't ask me anything that happened in the series against the Windies last summer. :D

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I am assuming they are touring SL.

Michael Atherton
Michael Slater
Mark Waugh
Rahul Dravid
Jacques Kallis
Steve Waugh
Mark Boucher
Shaun Pollock
Harbhajan Singh
Anil Kumble
Dennis Lillee

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Waqar was a big one for me - we sadly never saw him at his peak in Australia in the way we did his partner in new (and old) ball brilliance.

Inzi and Chanderpaul were two others that Australian crowds never saw the best of.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, good shout. Waqar was pretty ordinary out here. Then again, Pakistan is usually pretty average out here for whatever reason.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Sobers vs NZ

Total - 12 tests, 404 runs @ 23.76 & 19 wickets @ 35.89

In NZ he played 7 tests in which he averaged 15 with the bat and 38 with the ball.