• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asia cup qualifiers 2022

cnerd123

likes this
HK just need to beat Kuwait, Singapore and UAE to qualify for this but given our current injury list and the fact that we just lost to ****ing Italy I'd be impressed if we managed to get past Kuwait tbh

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Oman did well in WT20 qualifiers... I suppose it's weird they aren't here over Kuwait.

Pak has announced a strong squad. Favorites of the tournament imo. India has more firepower but pace attack is a joke with no Bumrah or heck even Siraj.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Apparently it's because Oman randomly lost a game to Qatar in 2020 which made them come third in their group on NRR and miss the next phase of the qualifier.

cnerd123

likes this
Apparently it's because Oman randomly lost a game to Qatar in 2020 which made them come third in their group on NRR and miss the next phase of the qualifier.
Yup was gonna dig that tournament up, same way HK managed to get qualification.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
I preferred Asia cup in the 50 over format
Last Asia Cup was good in 50 overs. But that T20 one in 2016 was epic. A close India/Pak game.. Amir blew the top order.. Kohli's masterclass in Chase on a spicy deck.
BD knocking out Pak in a epic finish. Sami's no balls lol.

In the Finals vs BD packed crowd & in comes Dhoni with a 104 m six... Ramiz's one of the greatest lines on air "This has punctured the spirit of the crowd".. Man will miss him this time.

cnerd123

likes this
Singapore win the toss and will bowl first vs HK in the opening game

HK debuting Ateeq Iqbal. good accurate medium pacer, suffocates the runs well in domestix. Keen to see how he goes here.

Yasim Murtaza opening the batting is interesting. Snazzy new kits for the HK team too, new shirt sponsor.

cnerd123

likes this
lol Nizakat LBW for a duck 2nd ball.

these guys are burnt out and all carrying injuries. missing key players like Jamie, Shahid Wasif, Waqas Khan not picked for some reason. Dan Pascoe probably our best T20 bowler too also injured right at the start of the summer. No Ayush Shukla today either, might be injured as well. Oh, and Waqas Barkat not available for HK anymore due to KCC needing him to be head coach and not granting him work release to play.

expecting another 80 a/o like they did vs Uganda.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Yasim struggling a bit with the new ball swing here.

Don't think I've ever seen him open the batting before. Interesting move, doesn't seem comfortable. Aizaz was really effective as an opener for us in T20s, was excellent in domestix there too, so not sure why they've decided to use Yasim instead.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yasim struggling a bit with the new ball swing here.

Don't think I've ever seen him open the batting before. Interesting move, doesn't seem comfortable. Aizaz was really effective as an opener for us in T20s, was excellent in domestix there too, so not sure why they've decided to use Yasim instead.
Aizaz is scared of Mahboob.

cnerd123

likes this
lol Babar bowled

idek why i'm watching this. I just pray they don't lose to ****ing Kuwait. Would be a new rock bottom (tho losing to ****ing Italy was pretty bad too)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
lol Babar bowled

idek why i'm watching this. I just pray they don't lose to ****ing Kuwait. Would be a new rock bottom (tho losing to ****ing Italy was pretty bad too)
A bloke who usually bats #8-9 in Sydney grade cricket made a ton against you in that match too.

cnerd123

likes this
Yasim was on 2 off 12, needed that 6. SGP messed up bringing spin on vs him, swing was working well (despite the wides)

cnerd123

likes this
bringing spin on from both ends has brought us back into this a bit. Pace was working, weird tactical move.