• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes XIs - 2025/26

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
With all of the talk about David Warner's position in the team, and some injuries to Australia's bowlers, I started wondering what Australia's squad will look like when England tour Australia in 3 years time. My best estimate for Australia's XI is:

1. Matt Renshaw
2. Will Pucovski
3. Marcus Labuschagne
4. Steve Smith
5. Travis Head
6. Cameron Green
7. Alex Carey
8. Pat Cummins
9. Lance Morris
10. Nathan Lyon (last series?)
11. Jhye Richardson

I won't try to pick England's but some others might.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I very much have my doubts Pucovski will ever be able to get on the park consistently which pretty much rules him out unfortunately, would go Hunt to open instead of him although Street and Ward could also be possibilities. Also Jhye can bat and Morris can't, so those two swap in the batting order.

Really do quite rate this team though

halba

International 12th Man
With all of the talk about David Warner's position in the team, and some injuries to Australia's bowlers, I started wondering what Australia's squad will look like when England tour Australia in 3 years time. My best estimate for Australia's XI is:

1. Matt Renshaw
2. Will Pucovski
3. Marcus Labuschagne
4. Steve Smith
5. Travis Head
6. Cameron Green
7. Alex Carey
8. Pat Cummins
9. Lance Morris
10. Nathan Lyon (last series?)
11. Jhye Richardson

Will - Concussed all the time. Lyon will be retired by then.

Jhye richardson injury prone.

Renshaw not that good at test level.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Duckett
Crawley
Pope
Root
Brook
Stokes (c)
Foakes (wk)
Ahmed
Robinson
Archer
Stone

If they have a better opening option than Crawley, and the quicks stay fit that's a pretty decent side.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say the only three nailed on absolute certainties would be Marnus, Green and Cummins. Head will also likely be there itbt

Theoretically Smith, Carey and Lyon could all retire in the next couple of years. I know that sounds rather outlandish, but test cricket is very physically and mentally draining, so they may call it quits sooner rather than expected.

I'll go with
Renshaw, Hunt, Wyllie, Marnus, Head, Green, Inglis, J Richardson, Cummins, Agar, Murphy

Will Sutherland my bolter to debut at some stage of in the series

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. Matt Renshaw
2. Tim Ward
3. Marnus Labuschagne
4. Steve Smith
5. Travis Head
6. Cameron Green
7. Alex Carey
8. Pat Cummins
9. Jhye Richardson
10. Todd Murphy
11. Lance Morris

Or something.

For England:

1. Ben Duckett
2. Zak Crawley
3. Ollie Pope
4. Joe Root
5. Harry Brook
6. Ben Stokes
7. Ben Foakes
8. Rehan Ahmed
9. Ollie Robinson
10. Matthew Potts
11. Saqib Mahmood

Tom Flint

International Regular
Bairstow and Jimmy will still be around. Hameed will be back and a new young attacking keeper batsman will burst onto the scene.
Max Harris will be first change

Hameed
Bairstow
Pope
Root
Brook
Stokes
? +
Harris
Ahmed
Robinson
Jimmy

Shady Slim

International Coach
doesn't matter what our squad is, we win because it's here. hopefully ingerlund has come to their senses and dropped crawley by then but by what i am seeing from some in this thread it doesn't seem likely

Burgey

Bairstow and Jimmy will still be around. Hameed will be back and a new young attacking keeper batsman will burst onto the scene.
Max Harris will be first change

Hameed
Bairstow
Pope
Root
Brook
Stokes
? +
Harris
Ahmed
Robinson
Jimmy
If that side even dreams of winning a test in Australia, let alone the series, they should wake up and apologise.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I’m so keen for Pukovski to make it. Bat him 4

Renshaw
Patterson
Labuschagne
Pukovski
Head *
Green
Inglis +
Cummins
Murphy
Richardson
Morris

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm interested to see so many predicting Smith won't be around in '25/26. He is so passionate about playing and so capable I see him playing in that series. After all, he will only be 36 and it would be an ideal series for his swan song.

Howe_zat

Audio File
If England go in with the same top three we have now I’ll eat all of your shoes.

It might be a bit far for Bairstow/Root/Stokes who will all be in their mid to high 30s. If Stokes is still there he’s probably stopped bowling. Bairstow by far the most likely to have retired from tests, he might still be playing ODIs.

Rehan Ahmed could be anything from a #3 bat to a leg spinner who only plays T20 franchise leagues by that point.

The only ones I’d be fairly confident about picking are Brook, Pope and Robinson.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
If England go in with the same top three we have now I’ll eat all of your shoes.

It might be a bit far for Bairstow/Root/Stokes who will all be in their mid to high 30s. If Stokes is still there he’s probably stopped bowling. Bairstow by far the most likely to have retired from tests, he might still be playing ODIs.

Rehan Ahmed could be anything from a #3 bat to a leg spinner who only plays T20 franchise leagues by that point.

The only ones I’d be fairly confident about picking are Brook, Pope and Robinson.
Mate, have you eaten the last pair of shoes you lost and promised to eat before you bet on another :ph34r:

morgieb

I actually agree lol, but I couldn't think of an alternate opener other than maybe Hameed.

I suppose 3 years is a long time, though.