• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes to Ashes

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Thought this would be really lame, but it`s awesome. Anyone watching?

BOoonnyyyYYY

BoyBrumby

Englishman
pasag said:
Mark Nicholas on Westlife: "One of UK's greatest bands"

Direeee.

a) they're Irish

b) they're absolutely toilet.

Not sure popular music is really Nicholas's bag tho, in his defence.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Record-selling wise, you`d be a douche to argue against that.

Seriously though, it`s been really funny and has built up me expectation to the Ashes.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I thought it was alright, which is a fair bit better than what I was expecting, which was something in the area of "absolutely ****". The funniest bit for mine was the photo of Botham in the bath with the cigar.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Seen that stacks though. I`m ashamed to have forgotten his name, but then English batsman who got hit where it hurts by Thomson retelling the incident was golden.

The medic ran out to me on the field and I asked "Please, take away the pain. But leave the swelling."

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
David Lloyd. Can't stand him personally, so I probably didn't get as much out of the segment as someone who liked him might have.

Josh

International Regular
For once I agreed with Ian Chappel, and I'm still getting over the shock:

"Stuart Clark and Glenn McGrath shouldn't play in the same test side."

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
FaaipDeOiad said:
David Lloyd. Can't stand him personally, so I probably didn't get as much out of the segment as someone who liked him might have.
Cheers. He`s a fool, but hilarious IMO. :D

I`m all for Pidge and Sarfraz in the same side.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I don't mind Chappell as a commentator, but he's got some stupid ideas about selection sometimes. Clark and McGrath aren't that similar, and even if they are there's nothing wrong with a couple of McGrath's. I'd certainly rather that than a couple of Tait's.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Brayshaw without Lyon and/or Sam isn't as good as people think he is.

Boycott had less to say than I imagined he would.

Chappelli bagging Athers was :cool:

Still an ordinary show though IMO. No one in the crowd cared about Westlife, why have them perform to build up the Ashes? Just plain crap.

Matt79

Global Moderator
The David Lloyd-Thommo section was awesome - how many times did they show that clip! Get the feeling Lloyd has told that story a few times...

Chappell is a tool, I'm used to it. And mentioned, just what the hell is wrong with having two guys who bowl like McGrath in the team? As evidenced this arvo.