• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Avatar Challenge

Slow Love™

International Captain
pasag said:
Why should we all be punished though?
You find that unappealing?

To be fair though, the consequence of somebody's challenge was that they'd wear Burkey's old school pic, which is probably a bit more disturbing, IMO.

biased indian

International Coach
Jamee999 said:
If Australia win the 2005 Ashes, I'll have the Australian flag in my avatar for the rest of my time on CW.
may be until england wins back the ashes

both could be same any way :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Seems as signatures have now entered this, I'd like to make the following offer:

If Aus win by two or more Tests, I'll have as much of their national anthem in my sig as will fit. If we retain the Ashes though, I'd love for an Aussie to have Jersualem in their signature. Any takers?

The challenge can be to have the said signature for a month?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As posted this January

andyc said:
Making a big call here, that people will hopefully forget if it ever does (God forbid) happen.

If Australia lose this upcoming Ashes series, I will change my avatar to the first English-cricket related thing suggested, and my sig will read, in big, bold letters, 'England are officially better than Australia, and we're all a bunch of convicts.'

I do, however, wish to add that if, at any stage during live matches of the series, either McGrath or Warne get injured or are not playing, I am able to, at my discretion, withdraw this bet. That's the only condition.
As McGrath and Warne look set to play, I'm more than happy to disregard the last part.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Seems as signatures have now entered this, I'd like to make the following offer:

If Aus win by two or more Tests, I'll have as much of their national anthem in my sig as will fit. If we retain the Ashes though, I'd love for an Aussie to have Jersualem in their signature. Any takers?

Wouldn't God Save the Queen be better? 8-)

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
If England can win a game then i will change my avatar to Collingwood's pic for a month.

or open for any other sensible challenges.

Dydl

International Debutant
If England win the Ashes again, I'll change my avatar to a picture of any England player of any of your choice who participated in the series, and attach "Flintoff is the greatest all-rounder the world has ever known and ever will know."

Both of the above to stay for a month.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
NZTailender said:
Wouldn't God Save the Queen be better? 8-)
Nah, Jerusalem is specific to England, whereas God Save the Queen is technically the national anthem of the UK

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If Shane Warne doesn't drop KP and he doesn't go onto score a hundred, then i will have Shane Warne on my avatar.

If KP doesn't finish leading run scorer, i will put Shane Warne on my avatar.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Nah, Jerusalem is specific to England, whereas God Save the Queen is technically the national anthem of the UK

Yeah, but how many Australians know that?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:

I'll take it, on the condition that I can select a song other than our ****house national anthem for you to use, if and when the time comes.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
I'll take it, on the condition that I can select a song other than our ****house national anthem for you to use, if and when the time comes.
It'd better not be that Working Class Man song. Gah.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Matteh said:
It'd better not be that Working Class Man song. Gah.
Haha, Barnsey's gun.

Probably should just stick with the National Anthem tbh. Waltzing Matilda's actually a decent song with some meaning, which makes it far too good to waste as a national anthem, and it'll probably be extra-embarassing having phrases like "our land is girt by sea" in your sig.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Maybe another song by a great Aussie band - "Hey there Georgie girl" by the Seekers perhaps?