• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Avatar Challenge

PY

International Coach
superkingdave said:
If England don't lose the Ashes by at least 2 clear tests i'll have the Yorkshi*e badge as my avatar for a year.
:laugh:

Big call, especially with a dead rubber chances!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
superkingdave said:
If England don't lose the Ashes by at least 2 clear tests i'll have the Yorkshi*e badge as my avatar for a year.
Wow. Dav's clearly demob happy. :D

I reckon it's more fun if the avatar challenges are one-on-one: I think Fred will take more wickets than McGrath this series & will have the avatar of any Aussie poster's choice for a month if McGrath takes more; if Fred bags more scalps you have the avatar of my choosing for the same period.

Any takers? :cool:

pasag

RTDAS
BoyBrumby said:
Wow. Dav's clearly demob happy. :D

I reckon it's more fun if the avatar challenges are one-on-one: I think Fred will take more wickets than McGrath this series & will have the avatar of any Aussie poster's choice for a month if McGrath takes more; if Fred bags more scalps you have the avatar of my choosing for the same period.

Any takers? :cool:
Yes. Freddie Mercury.

Bang.

pasag

RTDAS
BoyBrumby said:
You're on then saggers me old china. :happy:
Let's hope McGrath stays away from the odd game of rugby, because the sight of you with Mercury in your avatar may just possibly be the funniest thing ever.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
If Ian Bell or Paul Collingwood scores a century I will have one or the other as my avatar until the day I die.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
If Andrew Flintoff scores a century in the series I'll have a picture of Paul Cooke in my avatar for a month.

If Shaun Tait takes five wickets in the series I will put the Wigan badge up in my avatar for a month.

If Australia fail to win either of the first two tests I'll have AA as my avatar until the boxing day test.

Finally, if England win the Ashes I'll have a picture of Stephen Burke as my avatar for a whole year.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
If an Aussie scores over a double-century, that Aussie will feature in a pimped out avatar, proclaiming the excellence of his innings.

My sig will also read :[NAME] is the greatest person to walk the face of the earth. I want to carry his children. Earth should be renamed [NAME]land. If [NAME] and God had a fight [NAME] would win in a first round knock out. That is all.

Both of these for a month or so

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
If Australia win the 2005 Ashes, I'll have the Australian flag in my avatar for the rest of my time on CW.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
If Glenn McGrath is the leading wicket taker, I shall have an avatar saying "Glenn McGrath is a better bowler than Wilfred Rhodes, and SS is god", on the back of a Glenn McGrath picture. For you SS.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
If Glenn McGrath is the leading wicket taker, I shall have an avatar saying "Glenn McGrath is a better bowler than Wilfred Rhodes, and SS is god", on the back of a Glenn McGrath picture. Fot you SS.
How about this..if Glenn McGrath is not the leading pace wicket taker, I will have in my signature:

"PhoenixFire is the greatest source of cricketing knowledge in the world, and I am but a humble servant at his feet."

For one month. And change my avatar to 'PhoenixFire's Slave'.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Hmm, that sounds about fair, although I do believe he has a good chance of being the leading wicket taker, I will take this risk.

Deal?

Langeveldt

Soutie
If England win a single test - I'll post a picture of Murali (my most disliked player atm) on my avatar for a month..

Won't be needing to do that then :laugh:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'll take up the same challenge as Hakon. Except my sig will read 'Greatest all-rounder ever' since wk-batsmen are considered all-rounders.

If Damien Martyn or Shane Watson averages more than 30 with the bat I'll have either one of them (whoever averages highest) as my avatar for a month and my signature will read "Martyn/Watson deserve their place in the team over the horrendous players like Katich, Clarke & Jaques."

If Mahmood takes a 5'fer I'll have him as my avatar, claiming he's better than Hadlee.

If all three above occur, I'll have my punishment dealt out by another CW member.