• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ascending High Scores - Voting thread

Which are the top 3 teams?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teuton

International Captain
Please vote for the top 3 teams:
(And just to be clear, no voting for your own team)

Line and LengthPatience and Accuracy+GutTeutonCricZo XIFuller PilchsrbhkshktrundlerCricAddict
Jack Fingleton /Bill Woodfull*Barry RichardsLen Hutton / (c)Herbert SutcliffeVictor TrumperTrevor Goddard 41. Dennis Amiss
Raman Subba Row /Tamim IqbalBill LawryVijay Merchant /Sunil GavaskarSimon Katich (5)WG Grace 62. Bill Ponsford
Don Bradman (c) /Neil HarveyBrian LaraCharles Macartney / oWally HammondRicky Ponting (*)Rahul Dravid3. Denis Compton
Archie MacLaren /Mark WaughVijay HazareStan McCabe /Babar AzamKumar SangakkaraYounis Khan4. Sachin Tendulkar
Colin Bland /Frank WoolleySteve Waugh cClyde Walcott /Douglas Jardine (c)Everton WeekesDudley Nourse5. Frank Worrell
John R. Reid /oGarry SobersTed DexterTony Greig / oMike HusseyKS RanjitsinhjiJoe Root6. Allan Border
Alan Knott (wk) /Adam Gilchrist+Rishabh PantMark Boucher + /Lee Irvine (wk)Quinton De Kock (+)Sarfraz Ahmed7. Richie Benaud
Derek Underwood oMike ProcterStuart BroadHarold Larwood o /Shane WarneRavichandran Ashwin (4)Ian Botham 38. Shaun Pollock
Frank Tyson oRichard HadleeDale SteynHadley Verity oShane BondRyan Harris (3)Peter Pollock 29. Rodney Marsh (wk)
Bob Willis oJeff ThomsonBrian StathamJohn Snow oJosh HazelwoodDennis Lillee (1)Jim Laker 510. Pat Cummins
Colin Croft oBishan BediBS ChandrasekharJoel Garner oSydney F BarnesFred Trueman (2)Glenn McGrath 111. Courtney Walsh
BitmapHonest HunksAndrewBataraxiaJOJOXIankitjPothas
Graeme Smith*Bob Simpson (c)Matthew HaydenSaeed Anwar /Geoffrey BoycottStewie DempsterJack Hobbs
Virender SehwagGary Kirsten (vc)Arthur MorrisHanif Mohammad /Archie JacksonAlistair CookGordon Greenidge
Ken BarringtonRohan KanhaiGreg ChappellGeorge Headley /Viv Richards (7)Dawid MalanHashim Amla
Steve SmithDoug WaltersGraeme PollockPeter May /Jacques Kallis (5)AB de Villiers (c)Martin Crowe
Damien MartynAndy Flower (wk)Aubrey FaulknerClem Hill* /Inzamam-ul-HaqVVS LaxmanJaved Miandad
Keith MillerWilfred RhodesStanley Jackson*Shakib Al Hasan / oMichael Bevan (6)Mohinder Amarnath (5)Ben Stokes*
Chris CairnsAndrew FlintoffJeff Dujon+Denis Lindsay + /Kapil Dev (c) (3)Farokh Engineer (wk)Les Ames+
Ian Healy+Monty NobleImran KhanRavi Jadeja o /Jock Cameron (wk)Vernon Philander (2)Maurice Tate
Michael HoldingMitch JohnsonIan BishopRay Lindwall o /Alan Davidson (1)Wasim Akram (1)Malcolm Marshall
Fazal MahmoodNeil WagnerKagiso RabadaAndy Roberts oLance Gibbs (4)Alec Bedser (3)Anil Kumble
Bill O'ReillyJasprit BumrahWaqar YounisCurtly Ambrose oNeil Adcock (2)Muttiah Muralitharan (4)Allan Donald

shortpitched713

International Captain
@Line and Length

I have no idea who or what your batting lineup is, outside of the Don. However, if you can honestly indicate to me that you truly believe they are ( outside of the Don ) at least above the standard of an average Test level batting lineup, then you will have my vote.

Obviously your bowling lineup is very good. Nothing to say about them.

Last edited:

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
@Line and Length

I have no idea who or what your batting lineup is, outside of the Don. However, if you can honestly indicate to me that you truly believe they are ( assuming no Don ) at least above the standard of an average Test level batting lineup, then you will have my vote.

Obviously your bowling lineup is very good. Nothing to say about them.
Happy to oblige.

Jack Fingleton - a dour opener who played 18 Tests for Australia between the wars. Scored 5 centuries and averaged a highly respectable 42.5
Raman Subba Row - An English opener who retired prematurely. Played 13 Tests (1958-61), scored 3 centiries and averaged 46.9
Archie MacLaren - A fast scoring stylist who played 35 Tests for England (1894-1909). In an era when bowlers seemed to dominate, his 5 centuries and 8 50s with an average of 33.9 was a cut above his peers.
Colin Bland - A South African who was highly regarded for his fielding. Played 21 Tests (1961-66) against Australia and England scoring 3 centuries 9 50s and averaged an excellent 49.1
John R Reid - A New Zealand all-rounder who, in 58 Tests (1949-65), scored 6 centuries and 22 50s. A fast bowler until injury restricted his pace, his batting and bowling averages were very similar (3428 runs @ 33.3, 85w @ 33.4)
Alan Knott - A highly regarded wicketkeeper/batsman who played 95 Tests for England (1967-1981). He scored 4389 runs at an average of 32.8 and made 269 dismissals with the gloves. He made 5 'tons' and 30 50s.

Hope this information indicates these were all above average in their own right and would provide great support for Bradman.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah ridiculously close.

One of the things I enjoy about these drafts is everyone has to make compromises somewhere.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Happy to oblige.

Jack Fingleton - a dour opener who played 18 Tests for Australia between the wars. Scored 5 centuries and averaged a highly respectable 42.5
Raman Subba Row - An English opener who retired prematurely. Played 13 Tests (1958-61), scored 3 centiries and averaged 46.9
Archie MacLaren - A fast scoring stylist who played 35 Tests for England (1894-1909). In an era when bowlers seemed to dominate, his 5 centuries and 8 50s with an average of 33.9 was a cut above his peers.
Colin Bland - A South African who was highly regarded for his fielding. Played 21 Tests (1961-66) against Australia and England scoring 3 centuries 9 50s and averaged an excellent 49.1
John R Reid - A New Zealand all-rounder who, in 58 Tests (1949-65), scored 6 centuries and 22 50s. A fast bowler until injury restricted his pace, his batting and bowling averages were very similar (3428 runs @ 33.3, 85w @ 33.4)
Alan Knott - A highly regarded wicketkeeper/batsman who played 95 Tests for England (1967-1981). He scored 4389 runs at an average of 32.8 and made 269 dismissals with the gloves. He made 5 'tons' and 30 50s.

Hope this information indicates these were all above average in their own right and would provide great support for Bradman.
Sounds good to me! And this marks Day 1 of me voting for any decent team with Bradman on it.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I had no plan for this one besides picking McGrath. Was banking heavily on getting Lindwall or Akram like a simpleton. Had a nice run away from the bottom of the table but I'm now back where I belong.

shortpitched713

International Captain
I might be a neophyte compared to some, but I do know who Alan Knott is, btw. :laugh: