• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are you interested for ICC WC 2019?

Firebreaker

Banned
Are you really interested in ICC WC 2019? Tbh it doesn't interest me even one bit.It looks like extended version of Champions Trophy and same teams playing over and over again with no mouth watering clashes to watch there and no element of surprise or seeing some new teams to play.Its highly probable that WI and Zim/Afg/Ire will qualify and tbh most of these teams play each other a lot.

I would be more interested in Netherlands vs Bangladesh than India vs SL or Australia vs NZ.There should be 16 teams in a WC and groupings should be like what it is in ICC U19 WC which is a much better format and higher stakes.

Hypothetical WC 2019 which should have been:

Group A
England
Australia
Ireland
Kenya

Group B
Pakistan
India
West Indies
Netherlands

Group C:
South Africa
Afghanistan
Sri Lanka
Zimbabwe

Group D
New Zealand
Bangladesh
Scotland
PNG

Top two teams of each group playing Super Quarter Finals and then SF and Final

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given that it's in June 2019, yeah it doesn't interest me much either in Sept 2017.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think Kenya are ranked 20th these days; I'm not sure why they'd be at a 16-team World Cup.

It is a complete farce that we'll have less teams at the World Cup than we actually have Test teams now though. Completely arse about face.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shame this beautiful sport is so often held back by incompetence from those that are supposed to move it forward

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still though, I like the idea of every team playing every other team in the group (or really, league) stage

Similar to the 92 structure which is held up as the best right?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think I'll enjoy the World T20 a year later a lot more. There were lots of really enjoyable games in the last one, like Oman's win over Ireland.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Women's world cup is where it is at. I hear Andy Strauss wants England to win the thing though?