• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are mentions broken?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
There's been a couple of posts I've seen where the @Furball mention has been used and I've not received any notification.

Chewie also mentioned not getting a notification for one Athers had done in the mafia awards thread.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Probably would have been an idea to test it by tagging someone other than yourself in the OP. Think I've had a couple this week but can't be sure

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wonder if it's connected to being notified about something else in the same thread

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think Athlai's one might have been because he tagged so many people in that post
Maybe, but this was the post that prompted me posting the thread:

Didn't get a notification for that one.

I've also reported a post Athers made this morning in the mafia awards thread as one I didn't get a notification on, but reading the thread it appears to have worked for others who were tagged?

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
You can turn off notifications for mentions in your account preferences - might be worth checking what your preferences are set to just in case it's that?

Himannv

International Coach
In another XenForo forum that I'm on, you can only tag up to 5 people maximum in a single post. Not sure if it's exactly the same number of tags allocated here, but probably there's a setting in the Admin portal that allows you to specify this if you have the permissions.