• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Archived* Whatever you like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hehe just had a nice 8th wicket ODI partnership too, an average total was boosted to a good one by my bowlersmaking 59 off the last 6.2 overs, Y Caponis making 35 off 26 and J Palmer making 41 off 23. that boosted my total to 405. the runs were somewhat wasted however when my opening bowlers (including Garrett mentioned above, tore NZ apart for just 35 - Garrett took 5/18 and the other, R Katich took 4/17.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
age_master said:
wickets
FC 176 @ 14.94 inc 13 5wi and 6 10wm
OD 60 @ 12.98 inc 3 5wi
Test 104 @ 14.92 9 5wi and 4 10wm
ODI 65 @ 10.35 inc 8 5wi

he also chipped in with some crucial knocks down the order, averaging about 25 with the bat

that with my top 2 batsmen averaging over 100 for the year we did pretty well

also my 3rd best batsman averaged 91 in FC, though he was a solid OD contributer, averaging just 125 :p
Almost no challenge, is there? ;)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
well i haven't lost a test since, acually probably about 15 years, ive gota clean sheet there, ODI's i have about 4 that ive lost, gotta aim for perfection now dont i :p

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
You steal them. I thought I'd intterupt this thread to say that Lucy Pinder and Michelle Marsh are hot. Carry on.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yeah i seem to get lots of good youth players, top quality every 2nd year or so, got a solid looking batsman for next season :D

by backup player base is mainly stolen players ;)

squiz

U19 Debutant
For the Top Performers is that only for First Class? Or can it be for One Day matches as well?

bryce

International Regular
i had sammy for 4 seasons(2003-2006) and i kept records of his numbers after each season, here is his record for his 4 years at warwickshire...

FC:
5272 runs@59.90
410 wickets@20.16

OD:
4278 runs@53.46
214 wickets@16.44

Average FC runs per season: 1318, Best: 1717
Average FC wickets per season: 102.5, Best: 134
Average OD runs per season: 1069.5, Best: 1244
Average OD wickets per season:53.5, Best: 72

Blaze

Banned
bryce said:
i had sammy for 4 seasons(2003-2006) and i kept records of his numbers after each season, here is his record for his 4 years at warwickshire...

FC:
5272 runs@59.90
410 wickets@20.16

OD:
4278 runs@53.46
214 wickets@16.44

Average FC runs per season: 1318, Best: 1717
Average FC wickets per season: 102.5, Best: 134
Average OD runs per season: 1069.5, Best: 1244
Average OD wickets per season:53.5, Best: 72

Not bad. Infact quite brilliant

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
God damn! 3/167 - needing just 99 runs with 7 wickets in hand - we stumble to 9/227 (losing 6/60) - and thanks to a flukey 38 run 10th wicket partnership we TIE! (And in an unrelated incident, we were thrashed in the C&G Trophy final by 131 runs..)

Attachments

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
After only just winning the 1st test, almost entirely due to luck, and being belted in the 2nd test, the team had been changed around completely and a fresh team went into the 3rd test and provided a good showing - they had been in line to win, had it not been for the time limits.

The boys went into the 4th test optimistic - this new side had gelled well and they were looking sharp. A disappointing 227 in the first innings meant they had to bow well. Which they did, with flying colours, India being dismissed for 203, Fanning the crop of the bowlers with a career best 6/69. 24 runs ahead, they set out to amass a huge total, which they did - sort of. Bentley (52), Bell (49) and Ryan (50) took the score along nicely - though almost every player made 20 odd at least. A 10th wicket partnership of 34 helped the total to 305a.o., the lead 329.

The lads new the dangerous opening partnership of B. Khan and W. Ali had to be broken early - and Walker did just that, trapping Ali infront for 11, the score 1/15. Some frustrating resistance from a superb Kalidpur (123) and Sharma (48) saw the visitors come within 151 runs with 7 wickets in hand, yet Durrant, Walker and Walcott blasted through the lower order to see the Indians all out 65 runs short of the target, for 264. Durrant snared 4/54 and Walcott 3/75. This impressive win saw England, after being the weaker side (despite winning the 1st test) for the first two tests, finish the 4 test series on a high note, winning 2-1. This recent win over India (1st on the Wisden rankings) saw England move to 3rd in the rankings.

Attachments

kof98

U19 12th Man
Is this good?

PS: It was not my team since I was controlling England+Durham

Attachments

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
so close to doing the clean sweep after another top drawer season from sammy...
I think it's fair to say Samaraweera had a fairly decent season...congrats mate.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
kof98 said:
Is this good?

PS: It was not my team since I was controlling England+Durham
They're excellent statistics for Craig McMillan in test matches, do you remember who the New Zealand team played that season?

Status
Not open for further replies.