• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
My commentary is screwd to, but i think Magical ponies scored 348-5 against me though its kind of hard to tell

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, it changes all the time. I got the impression I was 180 off 38 overs, but then the score (this thing:
Type mismatch: '[string: "End of Over 14: 94-0"]'
changed to 250 or something.

ash chaulk

International Captain
yp time and.....

Niall Hindle (380572)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable form, changeable
(respectable batting form, respectable bowling form)
A destructive player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Viveash
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 2,322
Wages: £261 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: abysmal Concentration: respectable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: abysmal

for sale

ash chaulk

International Captain
my 2nd team got its butt kicked

RBM 3/362

Keeling 2/61

Viveash 199 a.o

Wells 62
Goldbourne 42*

Reporter's Summary
Viveash RBM CC
Top Order: woeful mediocre
Middle Order: woeful mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: woeful competent
Spin Bowling: abysmal competent
Fielding: woeful mediocre

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho Select XI 199a.o. (47.5 overs)
Knight 56 (73)
Wolfenden 40 (65)
Mutasa 4/42 (9.0)
Henshaw 2/38 (10.0)

Whenuapai CC 4/200 (41.4 overs)
Hamshaw 85 (101)
Fry 61 (94)
Bunn 2/47 (10.0)
Hignett 2/56 (10.0)

Whenuapai CC win by 6 wickets

MoM: Mutasa

Ahh.. got pretty much killed, but I'm really pleased considering his team>>>>daylight>>>my team. The batting was worse than it looks - two of my batsman failed completely, one got to a "start" (14) and got out, the others sort of did well, but Knight was the only one who got the half-century.

Bowling wise, Bunn, Mills & Hignett did well, not so pleased with Payton and Knight, however.

Let's hope nibbs wins the whole thing, and I'm not too severely embarrassed

ash chaulk

International Captain
Barry Coldicott (276389)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable form, changeable
(respectable batting form, proficient bowling form)
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: team dude
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 5,272
Wages: £444 p/w

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: feeble
Bowling: competent Consistency: competent
Fielding: mediocre

trying to buy him for my 3rd spinner

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Nah, it changes all the time. I got the impression I was 180 off 38 overs, but then the score (this thing:

changed to 250 or something.
It actually turns out that i was chasing that

Magical Ponies

348/ 5

Andrew 111
Sutton 101

Got Spin

350/3

Makel 77
Saunders 133*

Got Spin wins by 7 wickets

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
My batting got me through, but it shows how weak my bowling is. Might just buy a respectable spinner at the start of the next season, unless i pull one

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
My YP was worse than anyone that has been posted today. His best stat was woeful, I think everything else was abysmal or worthless. Really impressed with my youth academy. Some good news though, Begg has attracted a couple of bids to my surprise. He's up to 76.5k with 4 hours to go, hopefully he'll get another one or two bids.

Playing a friendly tonight against one of these annoying div IV sides with heaps of fitness and hence high ratings. They TIE'd their last game so they should have roughly quality top order and proficient seam today, should be a good test which I'll more than likely lose. Going to play five seamers to give my new guy a go.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
sorry to be an idiot as im sure its been mentioned thousands of times, but is it 7 weeks with two coaches for a batting pop for a 17yr old?

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, it should be about that. For 17/18yo's it seems to be about 11-12 weeks on one coach, 7-8 on two and 5-6 on three.

Hoggy31

International Captain
I won my friendly against my mates team pretty easily today, and also my yp was utter crap as always

Hoggy31

International Captain
Adamc said:
Yeah, it should be about that. For 17/18yo's it seems to be about 11-12 weeks on one coach, 7-8 on two and 5-6 on three.
Might actually put Rowe, My 18yo proficient batter, on three batting coaches to get him up to strong asap so i can focus on other players.

PY

International Coach
Any one not getting any commentary at the moment?

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'CLng'

/nl/matchInfo.asp, line 576

Game was supposed to start almost 6 hours ago.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lost by eight wickets after scoring 260, Shields my attacking bat set on attacking batting orders with respectable batting and stamina decided to score 76 off 133 - can we have some realism please Battrick?

Status
Not open for further replies.