• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
He wasn't a YP I don't think, probably started out as a respectable bat/mediocre bowler 20 year old and the manager decided to spend most of their training sessions on them for the best part of 2 seasons.
Thats alot of pops in two seasons for someone of that age

PY

International Coach
Thanks. :p

I meant from the friendly! Think they were respectables weren't they? Can't log in at the moment as I've forgotten my passwod and I'm on a uni computer.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GoT_SpIn said:
Thats alot of pops in two seasons for someone of that age
3 and bit levels (assuming they didn't start as a lowest respectable/mediocre) over about 25 weeks is doable with lots of training. They probably got 3 batting and 3 bowling nets (maybe even 4) which would half the usual training time, so we're talking about 7-8 weeks a pop. Personally I don't think such an approach is worthwhile yet - maybe in 2-3 seasons when teams could maybe manage significantly more than 1 million at a time.

Scaly piscine

PY said:
Thanks. :p

I meant from the friendly! Think they were respectables weren't they? Can't log in at the moment as I've forgotten my passwod and I'm on a uni computer.
Boggles Bushpigs
Top Order: respectable competent
Middle Order: competent mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: proficient competent
Spin Bowling: respectable useless
Fielding: mediocre mediocre

The friendlies are on normal tho, not TIE.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
He wasn't a YP I don't think, probably started out as a respectable bat/mediocre bowler 20 year old and the manager decided to spend most of their training sessions on them for the best part of 2 seasons.
I think he probably would've started a little higher - Gillespie started out as proficient/proficient and would be a lot better by now had he been a little younger so I could train him.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
Hmm, this guy I found was only 18 himself though? Might have started at a 17 yo proficient though I guess.
Not sure why that's a problem - you could get an 18yo proficient to strong in 5-6 weeks with three coaches, 7-8 with two. There are a lot of 17/18yo strong/superb players around at the moment with wages of only £1,000-1,500.

PY

International Coach
Didn't realise it only took that short amount of time to pop if you put them on multiple sessions.

Don't they get knackered quickly doing that though? As you can tell, I have very little knowledge of how the game works. :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
chasing 256 to win playing on TIE, usual good start then players decide to make a game of it by hardly scoring in the middle overs 176-1 after 36-2, NRR required climbing, was down at 4.6 at one point now nearing 6

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
Didn't realise it only took that short amount of time to pop if you put them on multiple sessions.

Don't they get knackered quickly doing that though? As you can tell, I have very little knowledge of how the game works. :)
It doesn't seem to have a huge effect. I've got guys on 3/4 nets who are getting by okay. With no FC games next season I don't think fitness will be that much of a consideration, but we'll see.

Thought I'd struggle today since I GFI'd last week, but we're doing pretty well. I think they might be TIEing. Lost the toss, they're batting and they're 33-4 after 11 overs. Gillespie back in form, taking all the wickets so far. I usually use 'sets of 5' bowling orders, but Gillespie is still bowling for some reason so I must've put the wrong thing in. Worked in my favour though as he took another wicket in his sixth over. :)

Edit: Gillespie's just got his fifth wicket, ninth five-wicket haul for him and his sixth this season.

Last edited:

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Well this realy sucks im up against the second place team today
my mate from school(friendly) in a coupla days
the #3 in a week
and im planning to take on andy's ponies on Chrismas day

nibbs

International Captain
playing a team in my division that, for a change, is actually competitive. they made 252/7. currently i'm 82/2 after 15, with hamshaw (11) and wheat (0) the batsmen out.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Burlington City: 98/10 (27.5)
Gillespie 5-19, Malik 3-27, Male 2-5

Asterix XI: 99/3 (27.3)
Berry 37*, Bridge 29*

MotM:
Gillespie (obviously)

Easy win in the end, though Cuss got out for 4. :-O We were a bit slow in the run chase, but NRR is pretty irrelevant to my situation. Surprised to win that easily given the reporter's summary, we had better batting but the bowling was exactly the same. We dropped a bit from last week due to the GFI (on low fitness now) but not as much as I thought we would.
Code:
  	[B]Burlington City 	Asterix XI[/B]
Top Order: 	respectable 	strong
Middle Order: 	feeble 	        competent
Lower Order: 	worthless 	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	proficient 	proficient
Spin Bowling: 	competent 	competent
Fielding: 	mediocre 	mediocre
Need to win the next two matches and then the playoff to promote to div I, seriously considering playing on GFI for the next three matches. Will end up with nightmarish fitness, but will be reset next season.

andyc

Wow another good youth pull.
Asked for a wicket keeper:

Andrew Parr (379496)
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable form, fresh
(respectable batting form, respectable bowling form)
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Magical Ponies
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 3,267
Wages: £931 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: woeful Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: abysmal

With my current WK a 19 year old with woeful stamina, feeble bat, proficient concentration and mediocre keeping, should I keep (ha!) or sell this new guy?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Asked for a batsman and got..

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: woeful Concentration: feeble
Bowling: feeble Consistency: feeble
Fielding: woeful

17 years old.. hmm.. good stamina, secondaries not too bad. Worth training?

Scaly piscine

andyc said:
Wow another good youth pull.
Asked for a wicket keeper:

Andrew Parr (379496)
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable form, fresh
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Magical Ponies
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 3,267
Wages: £931 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: woeful Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: abysmal

With my current WK a 19 year old with woeful stamina, feeble bat, proficient concentration and mediocre keeping, should I keep (ha!) or sell this new guy?

Shame they didn't get pulled at the start of the season, with W/K training and batting they'd have ripped through the levels (feeble+/superb+ batting, proficient/strong keeping, mediocre+ consistency etc.) Anyway certainly keep this guy for the time being, if you want to sell give him some training and list him start of next season.

Scaly piscine

Robertinho said:
Asked for a batsman and got..

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: woeful Concentration: feeble
Bowling: feeble Consistency: feeble
Fielding: woeful

17 years old.. hmm.. good stamina, secondaries not too bad. Worth training?
Depends on your squad really.

PY

International Coach
Asked for a flippin' batsman and I get this...:

Niramitra Malik (379630)
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, respectable form, fresh
A defensive player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Boggles
Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 1,395
Wages: £316 p/w

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: abysmal Concentration: feeble
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful
Fielding: feeble

:laugh:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Seems the Indian teams suffer from a lack of surname diversity...some of PY's squad:

Dattatreya Abdul kadir
Yudhajit Abdul kadir
Rupak Abdul kadir

Rakesh Ahmed
Balamani Ahmed

Oojam Chanderpaul
Manoj Chanderpaul
Purushottam Chanderpaul
Devendra Chanderpaul
Sandeep Chanderpaul

Bhupen Malik
Deepak Malik
Niramitra Malik

Brijesh Singh
Geet Singh
Lokesh Singh

Must make the scorecards a bit confusing I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.