• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
My commentary for a fast bowler:

In comes tname to bowl, speeding down the hill, into the delivery now, bname gets over the ball and flicks it through the leg side, fname dives, but it slips past him, swept up well behind him, single there.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I think there could be some records broken in the last round of the season. Since fitness/morale is reset at the end of the season you basically get a free GFI (unless you have to play a playoff match), so any half-decent team against a bot will do some real damage.

PY

International Coach
Does anyone know the wage limits approximately for a proficient batsman?

Trying to gauge how close my 17 yo prof is to popping.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Minimum wage for a proficient seems to be around £1,100 (based on seeing respectables on the transfer market with wages >£1,000). There's a bit of overlap but generally that's where it is. Looking at your guy (Chanderpaul I assume) he'd have to be very close, unless he has other primary skills (?).

PY

International Coach
What do you mean other primary skills?

He's already proficient, not sure if that was made clear, but was wondering how far/close he was from going to strong because his other things are pretty crap. Problem is, there aren't many strongs on the transfer market to compare him with.

PY

International Coach
Just found a guy with less wages on the transfer market who's a strong but his secondaries are somehow worse than my guys, :D

He must be fairly close then, as you said. :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
What do you mean other primary skills?

He's already proficient, not sure if that was made clear, but was wondering how far/close he was from going to strong because his other things are pretty crap. Problem is, there aren't many strongs on the transfer market to compare him with.
Primary skills = batting/bowling/wicketkeeping - these are the only things that contribute to the wage.

Sorry you did make it clear, I just didn't read it properly. :) If his wages are only £1,115 then he probably started at low-proficient (I think youth pulls are capped at low-proficient anyway) so he wouldn't be very close to strong yet. Can't really be very specific but the wage limits for strong seem to be £2,000-£3,500 or thereabouts.

brenoevo

U19 12th Man
My batsmen who jus popped to strong last week has a wage of just over 1100 and one of my other batsmen who jus popped to proficient has a wage of jus over 700

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
Just found a guy with less wages on the transfer market who's a strong but his secondaries are somehow worse than my guys, :D

He must be fairly close then, as you said. :)
The wage is calculated when the player is created and recalculated at the start of each season, so it doesn't include training during the season. It's likely that the player you're talking about started out as proficient or high-respectable and has been trained up to strong, rather than starting on strong.

Edit: that should also explain what brenoevo just posted as well.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Code:
  Gregory Softley (67011)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb form, energetic
(superb batting form, superb bowling form)
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For:	Barossa Eagles
Nationality:	Australia
Battrick Rating:	35,727
Wages:	£5,099 p/w

Stamina: 	proficient 	Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: 	quality 	Concentration: strong
Bowling: 	strong 	       Consistency: respectable
Fielding: 	woeful
Damn.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Code:
  Gregory Softley (67011)

Damn.
Oh my god, wouldnt mind having him...

ash chaulk

International Captain
lost by 9 wickets against the fourth best team in australia wainwright finally produced his 1st hundred of the season and im now back in 2nd last 2 more games left one against a bot and the other against another struggler should be interesting.

PY

International Coach
Adamc said:
The wage is calculated when the player is created and recalculated at the start of each season, so it doesn't include training during the season. It's likely that the player you're talking about started out as proficient or high-respectable and has been trained up to strong, rather than starting on strong.

Edit: that should also explain what brenoevo just posted as well.
Hmm, this guy I found was only 18 himself though? Might have started at a 17 yo proficient though I guess.

Smashed the bot team this week on TIE. They got 207/9 (50 overs) and I knocked them off in 20-odd overs for loss of 2 wickets. Interestingly enough, my ratings went down from last week which is bit annoying. Might be to do with adjustments made during week by the BT team?

PY

International Coach
Adamc said:
Code:
  Gregory Softley (67011)

Damn.
How on earth do you get players that good at 21 yo?

Is it they are amazing youth pulls from amazing academies or he was an excellent YP and training has made him that good?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PY said:
Hmm, this guy I found was only 18 himself though? Might have started at a 17 yo proficient though I guess.

Smashed the bot team this week on TIE. They got 207/9 (50 overs) and I knocked them off in 20-odd overs for loss of 2 wickets. Interestingly enough, my ratings went down from last week which is bit annoying. Might be to do with adjustments made during week by the BT team?
If only...

Last week:

Boggles Kandla CC
Top Order: mediocre feeble
Middle Order: feeble feeble
Lower Order: abysmal woeful
Seam Bowling: competent abysmal
Spin Bowling: competent useless
Fielding: feeble feeble

This week:

Chandigarh CC Boggles
Top Order: abysmal competent
Middle Order: woeful mediocre
Lower Order: woeful abysmal
Seam Bowling: abysmal competent
Spin Bowling: useless competent
Fielding: feeble feeble

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PY said:
How on earth do you get players that good at 21 yo?

Is it they are amazing youth pulls from amazing academies or he was an excellent YP and training has made him that good?
He wasn't a YP I don't think, probably started out as a respectable bat/mediocre bowler 20 year old and the manager decided to spend most of their training sessions on them for the best part of 2 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.