• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clapo said:
Got a bit of an orders dilema here, i'm playing away this week, against Thommos Tigers on a dusty pitch.

His ratings have been as follows for the last few matches he has won.

Code:
Thommos Tigers 
Top Order: competent 
Middle Order: mediocre 
Lower Order: worthless 
Seam Bowling: feeble 
Spin Bowling: respectable 
Fielding: feeble
Currently i have Ludlow opening (Comp/Med with Med Stamina, attacking) with Stroud (Resp/Comp with Comp stamina, steady). Coming in at 3 is Nieuwenhuis (Comp/Med/Med, attacking) , with Rose (Resp/Woeful/Abysmal, destructive) at 4, Appleyard (Comp/Comp/Med, Steady) at 5, Meyer (Resp/Woeful/Resp, attacking) at 6, and Taylor (Comp/Comp/Woeful, steady) at 7.

My question is, should i revamp my batting lineup by opening with Rose & Ludlow to take advantage of his seamers (wages, 812 & 419) and put Stroud back in the middle order with Meyer to steady the line-up in case of early breakthroughs, and to attempt to combat their spinners (wages 8000, 8000, 500)?

I would like to move Meyer up higher but he's also my best bowler, so i need to leave him at 6/7 to keep him fresh for bowling.

Also, I currently have two spinners, both are only mediocre primaires though :(. Knight is the better of the two with Mediocre/Mediocre & Resp. stamina. Do i continue with an attack of 4 seamers, Meyer (Resp,Feeble,Resp), Groves (Resp, Woeful,feeble), Savage (Resp, Resp, Abysmal) & Walton (Resp, Woeful,Competant) and Knight, or do is it worth tossing in Kandage (Med/Med/Med) in the place of a seamer to try and take advantage of the dusty pitch??

Any help appreciated :)
Please... :unsure:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Rose's stamina is too bad to play him IMO, so I don't think opening with him will do much to be honest.

Same can be said for Savage's stamina, rendering him almost useless. I'd say you med/med/resp would be a better bet.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Got this guy for 40K,what do you guys think is he a good buy and how many nets should i give him.

Amrit Sagren - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,311
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: competent Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

Bobisback

International Regular
FC Subsidy - for the Third and Final time
The FC subsidy has now been credited to your account for the last two weeks, and will arrive in your accounts in future weeks during the economic updates.

As you will notice, the amount has been increased slightly to £55,000.
w00t.

Ordered some much needed ground expansions for 103k, leaving me 7k to spend on booze for "Team Morale Building".

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Also ordered some ground improvements, costing me £188,000, but at least my new capacity will be 23K.

Though I'm a little bit worried, I'm away this week and won't get any gate receipts, which will put me about £60K/£70K in the red. But the work is due for completion on 6/10, the date of my next home match. Does that mean I'll have the expanded capacity in time for the match, or may new stands suddenly start growing out of the ground during the course of the innings?

Oh yes, and does anyone know how much a capacity 23K crowd would bring in? It's in the recommended 45:40:11:4 ratio

Later, Trev

PY

International Coach
Mines 21.6k and isn't on the ratio and gets 150k a week so I assume yours will be more. :)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't get any pops from training and I'm not sure if any are coming soon. Should be a fairly easy TIE league game this friday. Allen's fitness is slowly increasing and should be able to play league matches soon.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just brought this batsmen for 90k:

Eddie Allison (70989)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, abysmal batting form, worthless bowling form, sublime
A steady player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Jaffna Jets
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 5,387
Wages: £1,174 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: competent

Pretty happy with that, his pretty cheap for respectable batsmen these days. Will slot in at No. 6. Also gives me a reserve keeper, when i start training Clayton fitness and i want to rest him. Im going to get the money back that i spent on him when i sell my reserve respectable bowler.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice buy Tharmi. Is definitely on the higher end of respectable, too, with a wage like that. The fielding and keeping would add a little bit, but he's up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.