• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aravinda De Silva

dinu23

International Debutant
What comes to mind when u think of Aravinda?
His super pulls and hooks, smashing cut shots.

what about his personality?
It's totally different from his batting. And he talks like a girl!

What do u think?

Sehwag309

Banned
dinu23 said:
What comes to mind when u think of Aravinda?
His super pulls and hooks, smashing cut shots.

what about his personality?
It's totally different from his batting. And he talks like a girl!

What do u think?

U mean a thin-kinda voice, same is with sachin

Also with Miandad

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He has always appeared like a lone warrior to me.

I have never seen him to personally give uo, howsoever hopeless the situation. Great belief in his own capabilities and not unjustified !!

He would take on ANYONE , ANYWHERE, ANYTIME !

dinu23

International Debutant
Camel56 said:
what comes to mind when i think of arivinda de silva?

Fried chicken breast. mmmm
I know what u mean. he put on weight when he was dropped from the squad after the 99 world cup. that was a stupid mistake made by the SL selectors. I still believe he is the best batsman SL ever produced.

dinu23

International Debutant
Sehwag309 said:
U mean a thin-kinda voice, same is with sachin

Also with Miandad
yeah.
he studied at my old school. so when there was any event related to cricket was held, he used to come and give speeches and man it was funny.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
remember hearing a story about when he was playing grade cricket in melbourne. his team was in a bit of trouble in a 2-day match, but aravinda came out and smashed 140 at better than run a ball. after getting out, he came into the rooms and someone asked "what the hell was going on out there?", to which de silva replied "i thought it was a one day match"

Deja moo

International Captain
The century he made in a losing cause in the final of a triangular in Sri Lanka against India. It was the only tournament SL lost at home for around 5 years after their 96'WC win.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I heard that he played an outstanding knock for Kent during some county OD tourny final. Kent lost, but a lot of people commented that it was one of the finest OD innings in England domestic cricket.

dinu23

International Debutant
honestbharani said:
I heard that he played an outstanding knock for Kent during some county OD tourny final. Kent lost, but a lot of people commented that it was one of the finest OD innings in England domestic cricket.
yeah, it was a blistering innings, but unfortunatly Kent lost. I'm still surprised he didn't get more county contracts in his carrier.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When he played domestic oneday cricket for Auckland one season.

In a couple of his better innings it was like watchin schoolboys bowling to the headmaster....

Great eye, quick hands..

Legglancer

State Regular
:laughing:
zinzan12 said:
When he played domestic oneday cricket for Auckland one season.

In a couple of his better innings it was like watchin schoolboys bowling to the headmaster....

Great eye, quick hands..