• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any other NZ fans still ****ed off?

Fiery

Banned
Even after many replays, the commentators could not conclude either way if the catch was taken or not. Murali, in his post match interview, was absolutely sure that he had taken it...hence why he appealed, and quite rightly so.

This Lankan team plays with a high level of sportsmanship...look at Sanga not appealing after "catching" Gilly in the final....

For a real example of deliberate cheating, have a look at at this clip of Ian Healy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMQUqky18uw
No, in the post match interview his exact words were "I don't know, I haven't seen the replay".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
OK. That is just the way he's always been, it should be borne in mind, but if he'd said it in a sarcastic manner (ie taking the piss out of those who claimed they knew better having watched on the monitor) then I'd know exactly what he meant.

Fiery

Banned
People have misconstrued my rant about this as poor sportsmanship and even "blubbering" (thanks zinzan). I prefer to think of it as sticking up for my team. I don't like seeing them getting **** on by incidents like this in key games that could have changed the course of the match. At 114/3 we were well in with a chance...from that moment on, McCullum went next ball and then it all went to custard. Now I have to wait 4 more years :dry: (Thank god for the rugby WC)

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
8-)ing won't help - you know that the filter is there for a reason and you know that avoiding it just is not a good idea.

I'm not a mod, I'm just saying this as a friend.

Fiery

Banned
8-)ing won't help - you know that the filter is there for a reason and you know that avoiding it just is not a good idea.

ok Rich, I wasn't avoiding the filter, the word I used was in context and hasn't been censored...but point taken mate :thumbsup:

Until you stop using "FFS" in every other post, then shut that crass, gutter tombstone graveyard you call a mouth.

shehanwije

School Boy/Girl Captain
Very cagey imo. Nervous smile when asked about it by Atherton

Lostman, thanks for the video clip.

Fiery, Murali was confident he caught it...in fact he used "definitely" in his response. One think to note is that most of these Lankans do not speak fluent English...Murali is much improved in this respect over the past few years, but still thinks and has to translate impromptu questions from Tamil to English...so to us it looks a tad awkward.

I can understand your dissapointment as it was a key moment in the game - but the way Oram has been unable to read Murali (ICC Chaps trophy, S8 game and in this game), then you wonder how long he would have survived.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
FFS isn't even a banned abbreviation.
For ****'s sake would be filtered. Using the abbreviated form could be construed as avoiding the filter just as much as saying "****", which is obviously a legitimate word in its own right, unlike FFS.

Not that I give a rats arse, but at least clean up your own act before lording over others over pointless crap.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Lostman, thanks for the video clip.

Fiery, Murali was confident he caught it...in fact he used "definitely" in his response. One think to note is that most of these Lankans do not speak fluent English...Murali is much improved in this respect over the past few years, but still thinks and has to translate impromptu questions from Tamil to English...so to us it looks a tad awkward.

I can understand your dissapointment as it was a key moment in the game - but the way Oram has been unable to read Murali (ICC Chaps trophy, S8 game and in this game), then you wonder how long he would have survived.
I agree, you are absolutely correct. Most of the Lankan cricketers are usually thinking in native lingo and constantly translating to English in their own head before replying...hence a little delay as the translation is happening inside..:laugh:

Having said that of this SL Team I would say after Kumar (who is the most Fluent speaker in English and turning out to be great writer too..no wonder the guy is a Lawyer) and Mahela , Murali would be the most fluent speaker in English followed by Maharoof ...The others have quite a bit of Trouble or come out with ready made phrases generally.

This thread is about Fiery's frustrations ... I generally ignore these threads , and as a Fellow Lankan I would say nothing you say here will make any difference to the severely mentally scarred author of this thread...leave him to his misery...:laugh:

shehanwije

School Boy/Girl Captain
I agree, you are absolutely correct. Most of the Lankan cricketers are usually thinking in native lingo and constantly translating to English in their own head before replying...hence a little delay as the translation is happening inside..:laugh:

Having said that of this SL Team I would say after Kumar (who is the most Fluent speaker in English and turning out to be great writer too..no wonder the guy is a Lawyer) and Mahela , Murali would be the most fluent speaker in English followed by Maharoof ...The others have quite a bit of Trouble or come out with ready made phrases generally.

This thread is about Fiery's frustrations ... I generally ignore these threads , and as a Fellow Lankan I would say nothing you say here will make any difference to the severely mentally scarred author of this thread...leave him to his misery...:laugh:
Thanks for the advice.