• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any England or Australia Fans Who Don't Enjoy The Ashes?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I realise I'm getting sucked in by responding to Deliberately Bad Posts, but do you genuinely think that winter is just not a thing in Australia?
You lot wouldn’t know a winter I’d it smacked you on the arse, end of.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look, we get a nasty winter here where the temperature drops to a bone chilling 24 degrees in the middle of the day. It's utterly freezing and I won't take it being dismissed as "not winter".

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wasn't even trying to bait tbh, I just assumed that everything I said was widely accepted fact. I forgot how emotional people can get when it comes to sporting "achievements", especially when the reality surrounding them don't match what the fans have built up in the heads. I imagine something very similar will happen in the future re. the 2019 World Cup result. It will be a hard realisation for a lot of England fans when it actually dawns on them how most of the cricketing world view the result.

Anyway I'll apologize again for upsetting some of the esteemed English posters here. I wasn't trying to take anything away from the 2005 English team or their Ashes win. They really did play well and the multitude of other freakish factors that led to the unexpected result doesn't change that.

DriveClub

International Regular
I got out for work in the morning and it was a crushing 9 degrees outside. Then I realized this will be summer for people in UK and avoided complaining. Thank you for making me grateful UK

Kirkut

International Regular
Ashes is ok. I've watched several Ashes series online/television and tried hard to be an Ashes fan like how I would try hard to be a football fan, but always got bored.

I'm not addicted to watching test cricket, for me low scoring ODIs is the most entertaining format. The most entertaining part about test cricket for me would be watching English batsmen on Asian pitches against spin, Ajmal in 2012 was hilarious.

91Jmay

International Coach
Very funny to see how rustled Aussies still are about 2005. Didn't realise I'd enjoy the tears so much, but alas here we are.

Great scenes.

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
After saying I wasn't that bothered by this years Ashes . the reality of the first Test was slightly different for me .

I couldn't even sit down for the first hour of play. :D I'm still not as charged or invested as I was about the World Cup ...but that was a lifetime coming for many England fans .

I don't give a crap about Sandpapergate myself , but I am genuinely enjoying some of the crowd sledging .

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very funny to see how rustled Aussies still are about 2005. Didn't realise I'd enjoy the tears so much, but alas here we are.

Great scenes.
That's funny because I was just thinking the opposite. A lot of rustled poms in here when reminded about simple facts about the 2005 series.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
As an England fan who's lived through 1989 to 2002/3, I've never stopped loving the Ashes. But Christ, they can inflict horrific pain.* Today was one of the very worst days.

* Note spelling. "Horrific Paine" is a subject addressed elsewhere in the CW forum.