• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another one! Asian XI vs. ROW XI - Twenty20 fundraiser match

Loony BoB

International Captain
Depends on how he'd change his game for a Twenty20 match. Judging a Twenty20 player on his ODI stats is like judging a ODI player on his test stats. If we could get CricketMax stats, now... that might be something worth looking into.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The point is that strauss should deffinately NOT get a berth in the team... there are a whole host who are faster scorers and better batsmen

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Better batsmen? I doubt there are many that would fit in and are as strong a fielder. Also where are everyone elses teams?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea and how great was he in India not so long ago?

Also the game is held in ENGLAND, so of course you'd favour English players. Also Strauss has more Twenty20 experience, he scored 173 @ 34.60 with a SR of 139.51 in 2003.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
oh you can really tell how good ponting did over in india after one match 8-)

Give me ponting over strauss or Astle over strauss in a limited overs fixture anyday of the week

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Yea and how great was he in India not so long ago?
In the one dayers? Well admittedly he scored very few runs, but I think his record of never being dismissed stands him in good stead.

For what it's worth, the last one day series he played in India (2003 TVS cup) he scored a very respectable 257 runs at 42.83 in 7 matches, including an unbeaten century and a 50. He's also ranked 1st among ODI batsmen currently and the reigning WC winning captain, which stands him in, shall we say, fairly good stead for selection in a world XI.