• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another Mankading

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnerd123

likes this
If not then start running overthrows for throws that deflect off the bat cos I guess there is nothing the rules that bars it.
I'm pretty sure I've seen someone do this tbh. And I really didn't mind.

Any intentional move by a batsman trying to get his bat in the way of a fielder's throw to get an extra run would probably see him get out obstructing the field anyways:

1. Out Obstructing the field

Either batsman is out Obstructing the field if he wilfully attempts to obstruct or distract the fielding side by word or action. In particular, but not solely, it shall be regarded as obstruction and either batsman will be out Obstructing the field if while the ball is in play and after the striker has completed the act of playing the ball, as defined in Law 33.1, he wilfully strikes the ball with

(i) a hand not holding the bat, unless this is in order to avoid injury. See also Law 33.2 (Not out Handled the ball).

(ii) any other part of his person or with his bat. See also Law 34 (Hit the ball twice).

Is there a clear definition of "delivery stride"? Is it when the bowler (e.g. right armer) plants his left foot first to jump? Or is it when the bowler gets airborne first? Or when the bowler lands his back foot?
Does the bowler have a right to run in with no intent to actually bowl the ball?
I think these are good points ftr.

Spark

Global Moderator
"I don't call you a sociopath, I'm just saying you think exactly like a sociopath, a state defined completely by how you think."

neville cardus

International Debutant
What I wrote, for the record, was this:

"Nothing is wrong, in your mind, unless it's against the law? I've met a number of sociopaths who feel the same way."

Let's put that in more colloquial terms:

"Guy, are you seriously suggesting that the only time something's dodgy is when the law says so? If you do, you're gonna want to rethink that, because I've met some nasty sons of bitches who feel the same way."

I hope you're all satisfied with that explanation and translation. If not, there's little more I can do. I'm afraid I can't reach as high as some of the horses you've mounted.

And I'm certainly not going to apologise: There really is something sociopathic about the attitude I've described. It's creepy and unhealthy. I can't think why anyone would disagree.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Nope. Enough. Done. Discuss Mankading elsewhere and don't ****ing take the discussions of sociopathy and the patronising tone along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.