• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anil Kumble steps down from the post of Head Coach

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It's true that Kohli can't bowl like Kumble. But Kumble can't also bat like Kohli in test matches in England. :p

Kumble:- Innings 14, Runs 222, Average 19
Kohli:- Innings 10, Runs 134, Average 13

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The more I read of this, the more sense I get Kumble had just as big an ego as Kohli. His own twitter statement was way more Ganguly than Kumble, tbh. :(

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When I saw that this thread had grown by several pages since I last saw it, I thought there might be some interesting discussion to read. There wasn't.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The more I read of this, the more sense I get Kumble had just as big an ego as Kohli. His own twitter statement was way more Ganguly than Kumble, tbh. :(
Not sure why people assume Kohli has a big ego. He is quite straightforward in press conferences and doesn't seem egoistical at all.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Kohli needs to come out saying something atleast about the issue. CSA now said that they will not consult with the captain about selecting new coach

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
We have so much more evidence of Kohli's ego than we do of Kumble being a bad coach
What evidence of Kohli ego?

Evidence of Kumble bad coaching - removed as captain not happy with him, none or very few players came out to even say he was a good coach.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
What evidence of Kohli ego?

Evidence of Kimble bad coaching - removed as captain not happy with him, none or very few players came out to even say he was a good coach.
Don't pretend like you want a rational, evidence based discussion on this. I've gone down this rabbit hole with you.

Believe what you want, I really just made that post for the easy likes that are on offer for highlighting when you say something silly.