• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anderson v Stokes

Which did you enjoy the most?

• Total voters

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
August 25th 2019 - Headingley - Stokes heroics v Australia
August 25th 2020 - Jimmy Anderson 600th Test wicket

Which did you enjoy the most?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stokes's was once in a lifetime. Maybe the bowling equivalent of it would be Ambrose's 7/1 spell.

Burgey

Both incredibly lucky achievements but significant nonetheless. Anderson's at least happened in a winning home series, whereas Stokes' knock was completely in vain.

Daemon

Yeah massive choke from Lyon fumbling that run out. Imagine if Buttler had done that with the throw in the super over.

To his credit, Lyon did have the man LBW.

Shame that umpiring blunders have put an asterisk next to the two great English wins of 2019.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah massive choke from Lyon fumbling that run out. Imagine if Buttler had done that with the throw in the super over.

To his credit, Lyon did have the man LBW.

Shame that umpiring blunders have put an asterisk next to the two great English wins of 2019.
*greatest English win and greatest English tie

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mentioned it elsewhere here.. Watching the Stokes special was a surreal experience. It was with a bunch of blokes at the Heathrow Airport Lounge and the way the number of people who were watching on the big screen kept increasing (I was there from the moment Buttler joined Stokes) and it kept increasing and my flight kept getting delayed which cost me half a day at work but which enabled me watch the full game and even the presentation there. It was an awesome experience I will never ever forget. Anderson just sneaking in between the clouds to get his 600th by itself, not so memorable. The achievement of 600 wickets though, is gargantuan.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
CW seriously needs to make me a mod. Dead set I would have issued a dozen permas for today's CC posting. Sort it out ****s

Burgey

Adders is being the cricketing equivalent of a QAnon nutter here.

Just as his countryman Corrin has gone deeper down the rabbit hole of political and philosophical numptyism despite having unassailable truths thrown his way, so Adders is attempting to defend the indefensible and illogical proposition that Anderson is somehow a great rather than merely a conditions-dependent very-gooder.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Adders is being the cricketing equivalent of a QAnon nutter here.

Just as his countryman Corrin has gone deeper down the rabbit hole of political and philosophical numptyism despite having unassailable truths thrown his way, so Adders is attempting to defend the indefensible and illogical proposition that Anderson is somehow a great rather than merely a conditions-dependent very-gooder.
Mods? Are you going to deal with this or do I have to do everything myself ffs.

TheJediBrah

In for Adders v Burgey cage match. Cage matches always work to resolve conflict. Otherwise people would still be in the cage.

Yes I've been watching The Office

The American one. The English one is too reliant on conditions. Need to be a little tipsy to fully enjoy it.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Stokes's was once in a lifetime. Maybe the bowling equivalent of it would be Ambrose's 7/1 spell.
Not really. Stokes innings was arguably not even the best of its own year, as it has very healthy competition from Kusal Perera. Perera's innings was named as the best Test innings of the decade by Wisden in 2019 and he also won the best test performance from Cricinfo for 2019.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really. Stokes innings was arguably not even the best of its own year, as it has very healthy competition from Kusal Perera. Perera's innings was named as the best Test innings of the decade by Wisden in 2019 and he also won the best test performance from Cricinfo for 2019.
Once in a lifetime. Not once in all lifetimes.