• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

An England XI That Never Played Tests

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, I remember thinking that was a strange decision - a happy feelgood story and all, but I don't think it changes his eligibility for this team. He has a ceremonial England cap, but he has still never officially played Test cricket for England.
Sobers had a good time of it in that series.

1692486467668.png

I do think it's odd that that series doesn't count but the Australia vs ICC World XI game does.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah agreed, either they all should count or none should.
I'd be inclined to not count any of them - Tests should be played between full members, not composite teams - but I'd definitely rather count all of them than just the ICC vs Aus one. Would actually be cool to give Richards, Procter, Barlow etc a few extra Tests in a way.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd be inclined to not count any of them - Tests should be played between full members, not composite teams - but I'd definitely rather count all of them than just the ICC vs Aus one. Would actually be cool to give Richards, Procter, Barlow etc a few extra Tests in a way.
Fully agree on both counts.

Though Graeme Pollock wouldn't thank you for the extra Tests - his average drops from 60.97 to 54.30! (Assuming you also counted the 71/72 Australia v ROW series for completeness)