• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Amazon "The Test" documentary

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am not sure if all these documentaries and folks accessing dressing rooms etc. is all that great. I feel the players have become accustomed to being on camera and they just take it as a few more hours in front of the camera and come up with a few cliques etc.

Of course, the immediate aftermath of a test like the Headingly one cannot be rehearsed or anything, but still, having seen the Mumbai Indians and CSK documentaries, I feel a lot of the time in these documentaries the players etc realize they are on camera and just act accordingly. Just my two cents. Will watch this one when I have some free time.

hazsa19

International Regular
Just watched the first episode, was certainly great viewing from an England fan POV haha.

Paine comes across really well, had loads of respect for him anyway after how he handled the summer.

The depiction of JL is everything I expected based on what’s been said/ written about him and what I’ve seen as a fan. The whole baggy green worship and everything around that would be a bit much for me to take, but it’ll be interesting to see how that resonates with the players.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I am not sure if all these documentaries and folks accessing dressing rooms etc. is all that great. I feel the players have become accustomed to being on camera and they just take it as a few more hours in front of the camera and come up with a few cliques etc.

Of course, the immediate aftermath of a test like the Headingly one cannot be rehearsed or anything, but still, having seen the Mumbai Indians and CSK documentaries, I feel a lot of the time in these documentaries the players etc realize they are on camera and just act accordingly. Just my two cents. Will watch this one when I have some free time.
The Mumbai Indians documentary was just a nice bit of advertising/propaganda for the franchise owners. The pity of it was that if it had been a proper fly on the wall documentary it could've been fascinating. There was all sorts of talk of the cameras being quietly turned off while the owners had blazing tantrums over the teams poor performance in the 2018 season.

Spark

Global Moderator
These things are usually PR for the sports team in question - I think the one on Sunderland is one of the few exceptions - but they're still interesting IMO.

Spark

Global Moderator
It is fascinating watching the in-depth coverage of the 2018 ODI series - the one where England scored 480-odd at TB - because I honest to god did not realise that series a thing until after it had finished

EDIT: http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cri...l-australia-england-2018-a-3.html#post4037454 Ah I see that my last post in that thread was before the series had even started and I basically gave up on the thread entirely because of Miyagi. That would explain that

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Forgot that Marsh and Khawaja got injured just before the semi. Man that was killer because England was in no sense in absolute best form at that point

hazsa19

International Regular
These things are usually PR for the sports team in question - I think the one on Sunderland is one of the few exceptions - but they're still interesting IMO.
Doesn’t seem to be the case here. Just got to the post MCG defeat against India, very awkward exchange between JL and Khawaja. They also had a few words in the UAE. Had no idea Khawaja was the outspoken type.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well it isn’t like he put his energy into having a ****ing go when the other senior batsmen in the team were suspended.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
?

I thought that would be pretty self-evident. I don't even think there's anything wrong with it, teams finding new ways to connect with fans is good.
To clarify I was referring to your use of the term "PR" which is also Latin for "per rectum", as in applying something in the anus. Sorry I thought that was more common knowledge than it obviously is.