• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Allan Border Medal

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Ponting has it easy.

Ponting will win test player of the year over hayden than daylight

ODI player is a little harder - Ponting will do well, i think Brett Lee might get this one, with Symonds 3rd - Clarke should also go pretty well (esp considering that he didn't play in the WC)

Ponting will take out the AB medal pretty easily though

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Symonds should get the ODI over Lee.....
In their Lees last 30 ODI's hes averaged 19 with the ball taking 58 wickets with 2 5wi

In Symonds Last 35 ODI's (back to start of teh WC) hes averaged 48 with the bat but 38 with the ball. so his batting vs Lees bowling directly.

it will be pretty close but i think Lee has got him covered

Langeveldt

Soutie
age_master said:
In their Lees last 30 ODI's hes averaged 19 with the ball taking 58 wickets with 2 5wi

In Symonds Last 35 ODI's (back to start of teh WC) hes averaged 48 with the bat but 38 with the ball. so his batting vs Lees bowling directly.

it will be pretty close but i think Lee has got him covered

Id like to think Symonds was a batting allrounder... and 48 at his pace is most impressive...

Langeveldt

Soutie
age_master said:
Ponting will take out the AB medal pretty easily though

Well having the AB medal winner living next door to me all summer would make up for the fact that he is an aussie i guess :D

Allan Border Medal: Ricky Ponting
Test Cricketer of the Year: Ricky Ponting
One Day International Cricketer of the Year: Buggered if I know
Bradman Young Cricketer of the Year: Michael Clarke
State Player of the Year: Unfortunately, Simon Katich.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Ponting will win, but not as easy as you think.

Everyone remember when we all expected Hayden to win? He was IMO the best player that year, but its a pity you don't get extra points for extra big scores.

For example, Australia could be rolled over for 50 with Martyn getting the high score of 20. Then, none of the bowlers would get wickets, or bowl well.

Martyn gets 3 points

Next game, Hayden makes 140 not out, a brilliant innings.

He gets 3 points

See what I mean?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gilly won the ODI and overall AB Medal awards last year right? Who won the tests last year, I've drawn a blank. Just trying to refresh my memory.

My predictions this year:

AB Medal: Ponting
Test Award: Ponting
ODI Award: Symonds
Young Cricketer: Clarke
Domestic: Not too sure haven't paid enough attention recently.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
Well having the AB medal winner living next door to me all summer would make up for the fact that he is an aussie i guess :D
Next door being the mansion 3 or 4 miles down the secluded Country Lane?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
Isn't he just coming over for a few games?

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:
Gilly won the ODI and overall AB Medal awards last year right? Who won the tests last year, I've drawn a blank. Just trying to refresh my memory.

My predictions this year:

AB Medal: Ponting
Test Award: Ponting
ODI Award: Symonds
Young Cricketer: Clarke
Domestic: Not too sure haven't paid enough attention recently.
Ponting won the Test award last year.:)

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
AB Medal: Ricky Ponting
Test Player of the Year: Either Mathew Hayden or Ricky Ponting
ODI Player of the Year: Either Ricky Ponting or Brett Lee

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Young cricketer of the year....

All contracted first-class players are given one vote to select the best player (in domestic and/or international cricket) who had not reached the age of 24 and had not played more than 10 first-class matches before the start of the voting period. Players are not allowed to vote for their state team-mates.

Tait, Thornley??? David Hussey is too old. even though he has played few enough games