• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All-Time XI

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Black Thunder said:
not bad teams SJS but why the emphasis on off spinners?? (well not so much emphasis, but constant comments regarding lack of off spinner)

Aside from Laker and Murali, there really aren't any off spinners who'd i'd want in this sought of company?? A highly overrated bowling style.
Well. It wasnt because of emphasis. It was just to show in what way one team was different than another.

An off spinner makes the ball come into the batsman and also is the spinner to take it away from left handed batsmen.

So it is more as a comment.

When you have such a huge array to choose from, one would like to get as many types of talents as possible in a team. Hence the keeping out of two leg spinners (oriely/Grimmett) from the same team though great bowlers both.

As far as being over rated is concerned, well it is easier to play for right handed batsmen, plus it turns less than wrist spin (generally) and the point of contact law makes padding up an option. Restricting fielders behind square has made sweeping and other horizontal bat shots, less hazardous.

dudeurfriend

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well my all time 11 would be
1. G.Grenidge
2. S M Gavaskar
3. D Bradman
4. S.Tendulkar
5. Imran khan
6. Kapil Dev
7. A Gilchrist
8. S K Warne
9. B.S.Bedi
10. G McGrath
11. S F Barnes
12. M Muralitheran

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
dudeurfriend said:
Well my all time 11 would be
1. G.Grenidge
2. S M Gavaskar
3. D Bradman
4. S.Tendulkar
5. Imran khan
6. Kapil Dev
7. A Gilchrist
8. S K Warne
9. B.S.Bedi
10. G McGrath
11. S F Barnes
12. M Muralitheran
This one is from the heart :)

And it is clearly not a light hearted one :sleep:

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
dudeurfriend said:
well i could not get you sjs...
Just kidding.

Lots of Indians ..so I said its from the heart
AND 7 coloured players (dark) in all so I said it wasnt light hearted. :)