• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All-rounder-heavy Test teams

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Arthurton did bowl a lot albeit in the ODI format

Everyone gives credit to Lara and it was a super amazing knock, one of the best ever I have seen, but Arthurton and Adams over the wicket left arm spin was as integral to Windies beating RSA in that 1996 WC quarter final as anything else.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everyone gives credit to Lara and it was a super amazing knock, one of the best ever I have seen, but Arthurton and Adams over the wicket left arm spin was as integral to Windies beating RSA in that 1996 WC quarter final as anything else.
Ambrose put them under huge pressure with a very economical spell with the new ball. He had a pretty amazing World Cup in '96.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah but they were always in it until the spinners got in on the act. That left arm over the wicket angle was a hard one to negotiate when you are trying to score quickly in those days.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Did Zimbabwe ever field a side with all of Whittall, Johnson, Blignaut, Strang P, and Streak? I'd expect four of them would have appeared in teams from time to time...

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Did Zimbabwe ever field a side with all of Whittall, Johnson, Blignaut, Strang P, and Streak? I'd expect four of them would have appeared in teams from time to time...
Possibly may have happened in ODIs. Tests, no. Bliggers didn't debut until 2001, by that time Johnson had stopped playing for Zimbabwe.