• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

agarkar mad-fias on CW.net

amits

Banned
now y an agarkar mad-fia out here as well ???

the agarkar mad-fia is also present in ICF and now on this cricketweb.net baord, i also c an AAAS (CW.net equivalent of the agarkar mad-fia)

i cant understand y most of the indians support agarkar so much

:O :O :O

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
amits said:

the agarkar mad-fia is also present in ICF and now on this cricketweb.net baord, i also c an AAAS (CW.net equivalent of the agarkar mad-fia)

It's actually sarcasm more than support. However it has recently begun to be translated into support. Marc will explain...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
amits said:
I cant understand y most of the indians support agarkar so much
More than a few of us aren't Indian.

Long story, will explain after my next lecture which I have to go to in three minutes.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Shouldn't this topic be explained and topped instead of explaining the situation to every new member :rolleyes:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Beyond Belief

Beyond belief. Definitely.

When Zaheer or Harbhajan or Kumble goes for 84 runs and takes 2 wickets, it's bad. But when Agarkar comes up with some such performance(?), it's his best.

Worse, these trash-talkers are making excuses for all his failures and hyping him like he's the solution to India's bowling problems, though he's the biggest problem they have. He lacks the HEIGHT! How can such a little guy make a good fast bowler? Worse, when the Indians have just 4 bowlers, he's picked just for his batting. Makes no sense. He can't bat. Harbhajan and Zaheer are just as good as batsmen.

amits

Banned
vishnureddy, this arjun is a big critic of some indian players. he even said to drop SACHIN as well once. i also said it.

some mumbaiites criticize mumbai players.

arjun, i guess india missed agarkar in yesterdays match. krumbler blew the match off hitiing a 30 ball 12 :!( agarkar, if hew had been in yesterdays match, after dravids wicket would have come in and hit a 20 ball 40ish innings and taken india to the victory. no matter how bad agarkar is, but he would have taken 3-4 wickets conceding 90ish runs in his 10 overs.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Re: Beyond Belief

Arjun said:
Beyond belief. Definitely.

When Zaheer or Harbhajan or Kumble goes for 84 runs and takes 2 wickets, it's bad. But when Agarkar comes up with some such performance(?), it's his best.

Worse, these trash-talkers are making excuses for all his failures and hyping him like he's the solution to India's bowling problems, though he's the biggest problem they have. He lacks the HEIGHT! How can such a little guy make a good fast bowler? Worse, when the Indians have just 4 bowlers, he's picked just for his batting. Makes no sense. He can't bat. Harbhajan and Zaheer are just as good as batsmen.
I really don't think height makes that much of a difference - being small and being a good fast bowler aren't mutually exclusive. Yep, height helps (pace, bounce) but it's not everything.

And Harbhajan and Zaheer are not as good batsmen - they just wildly swing the bat at things and hope. Agarkar actually plays proper shots occasionally.

amits said:
vishnureddy, this arjun is a big critic of some indian players. he even said to drop SACHIN as well once. i also said it.

some mumbaiites criticize mumbai players.

arjun, i guess india missed agarkar in yesterdays match. krumbler blew the match off hitiing a 30 ball 12 :!( agarkar, if hew had been in yesterdays match, after dravids wicket would have come in and hit a 20 ball 40ish innings and taken india to the victory. no matter how bad agarkar is, but he would have taken 3-4 wickets conceding 90ish runs in his 10 overs.
I sincerely doubt Agarkar would have driven India to victory. You would have needed a lower order of Flintoff, Klusener, Zoysa, Chandana, Blackwell etc all firing to manage 10-an-over for a sustained time.

PY

International Coach
Re: Re: Beyond Belief

Neil Pickup said:
I really don't think height makes that much of a difference - being small and being a good fast bowler aren't mutually exclusive. Yep, height helps (pace, bounce) but it's not everything.
Darren Gough is a case in point, he isn't tall whatsoever but at his peak, few would argue at his quality. 'The Dazzler' used to use the 'skid' effect to hurry batsman.

To compare Gough and Agarkar is comical but similar height players.

LankanPrince

School Boy/Girl Captain
From the Indian ODI Cricket I have watched, Agarkar seems India's closest attempt to an all-rounder. Please don't say Sachin, obviously his batting is great but to be honest his 'spin' bowling is just comical. Agarkar has a lot of potential as a bowler. He definitely possesses the ability to vary his pace and get movement off the seam. Delivering the ball from a fairly small height means that his balls skidd off the pitch. This is quite effective and is a change from some tall, predictable Indian medium pacers like Tinu Yohannan. Agarkar also can bowl fast if he wants too. And whatever people say he has great talent with the bat even though he is inconsistent. People who have no batting talent cannot score an ODI century like Agarkar did. I think he is one of the exciting cricketers of Indian Cricket but I believe the selectors need to give him a longer spell in the team.8D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
LankanPrince said:
From the Indian ODI Cricket I have watched, Agarkar seems India's closest attempt to an all-rounder. Please don't say Sachin, obviously his batting is great but to be honest his 'spin' bowling is just comical. Agarkar has a lot of potential as a bowler. He definitely possesses the ability to vary his pace and get movement off the seam. Delivering the ball from a fairly small height means that his balls skidd off the pitch. This is quite effective and is a change from some tall, predictable Indian medium pacers like Tinu Yohannan. Agarkar also can bowl fast if he wants too. And whatever people say he has great talent with the bat even though he is inconsistent. People who have no batting talent cannot score an ODI century like Agarkar did. I think he is one of the exciting cricketers of Indian Cricket but I believe the selectors need to give him a longer spell in the team.8D
He didn't score a ODI hundred...his ODI best stands at 95...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
amits said:

AA's been our hero on CW for a year or more. Occasionally some of the Indian supporters think we are a little mad but they are very wrong.

We're more than a little mad.

LankanPrince

School Boy/Girl Captain
Your right about that! Another thing I like is the way you love the Canadian cricketer Nick de Groot. He really was a loveable character who I felt sorry for in World Cup 2003.:lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
We like to champion the real trier who may not be the best player (see the CW Bar Staff).

That said, AA is one of the quickest ever to 50 ODI wickets, so must have some talent!

The funny thing is this started as mockery, but now I genuinely want him to perform for India every time he plays.

If MB can do what he's aiming to, the great one may soon be interviewed!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
That said, AA is one of the quickest ever to 50 ODI wickets, so must have some talent!
Not one of the... The

23 AB Agarkar
24 DK Lillee
25 SK Warne
26 LS Pascoe; BP Patterson; CEL Ambrose
27 Waqar Younis; SE Bond
28 IR Bishop; Saqlain Mushtaq; GI Allott
29 AME Roberts; CG Rackemann; Shoaib Akhtar; B Lee
32 Sarfraz Nawaz; CR Matthews, M Dillon; CRD Fernando
33 Abdul Qadir; C Pringle; DW Fleming; RD King; Mohammad Sami

14th to 100 ODI wickets (= with Joel Garner) - 67 [44]
6th to 150 ODI wickets (= with Darren Gough) - 97 [30]

Currently has 179 in 119 - 29 in his last 22 - a little down.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
God I HATE agarkar..

i cant stand this fella.. ive been an anti agarkar for god knows how long..hes got the record for everything fastest to 50 wickets.. which i dont know how he achieved..most Ducks in that india tour to aus..

But i cant stand him.. i cant find any reason to appreciate him.. i dont believe hes indias only best all rounder because if he is .. then thats a really sad statement..

I know he gets tons of favours to be in the Indian team mainly because hes a mumbaite.. and because other influencial players eg Sachin who's from mumbai plays a big role in influencing his selection as he did for V.Kambli..
I know how corrupt the system is and that is sad..

I dunno how he can be a Hero or be called Great?..its not even funny when its on a pathetic player like A.A..

Oh god what more can i add..

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
this arjun is a big critic of some indian players. he even said to drop SACHIN as well once. i also said it.
After every big defeat against the Aussies, I criticise ALL Indian players. For ICF guys- DON'T paste my Sachin-Ponting comparison here.

Most Indian fans pamper their players a lot. I am different.

If Agarkar's the solution for India's bowling problems, India has BIG problems. He lacks the height, so the ball comes at a good height for a Matthew Hayden or Graeme Smith. Even on good bowling wickets, he's easy picking. He's only good on slow Indian wickets. All good fast bowlers had strength, pace and firepower. Agarkar lacks all of it.

His batting is a big excuse. Someone said that he bats well but the other 2 just swing the bat. Give me a break. Harbhajan may look comical, but cut out the comedy, you get a quality batsman. His Punjab mentor, Maninder Singh, has faith in his batting. Zaheer can also play a crucial lower-order innings. He won a match with his batting in NZ and the Indians could have won if the bowlers stuck to a good length, the fields were more attacking, all 5 bowlers were used fully without getting the 3-over pie-chuckers in action and also keeping Bahutule out of action. And Agarkar? In Mumbai and Bangalore, his true batting ability was seen. If you tell Boycott about AA's batting, the England great would ram a bat up your nose! He can't bat for toffees, except against sleeping attacks.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
im just going to end that with an.

Amen..

I cant agree with you more..!

Welcome to the Agarkar Dis Appreciation Society (ADAS) mate !

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why does it have to be a love\hate thing? Why can't we all accept that Ajit Agarkar will probably never change in that in Tests, even in good bowling conditions (eg NZ Second Test, 2002\03) Agarkar is a sad underachiever, and in ODIs his economy-rate will probably never get below 5-an-over, but he will almost inevitably continue to pick-up wickets pretty quickly (though his SR has declined slightly in recent years and hence he's had spells out of the side).
AA is a reasonable cricketer who usually contributes something good to an ODI for India, has played his large part in winning more than a few ODIs, and basically is a decent, run-of-the-mill ODI player.
Let's just leave it at that, eh?