• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Zampa vs Piya Chawla

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably Zampa white ball

He doesn't really play red pall so probably the other guy for that

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chawla and Mishra are ones you can group together under 'I have haven't heard that name since...'. Never really kicked on in international cricket and disappeared without leaving a mark.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chawla was ridiculously young IIRC when he debuted, might not help him in the comparison with Mishra. Mishra was a lot more experienced

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Chawla was like a prototype beta version of Ashwin, before Indian cricket figured out that they even wanted a spin bowling all rounder in their set up

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
So he was like John? He prepared the path for the coming of the Messiah.
Especially after an India A team tour to Kenya where he racked up a triple century. Pankaj Singh was made to look like Jimmy Anderson too

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Chawla is 33 years old, I thought he must be in his mid 20s or something. I remember him picking the wicket of Sachin as a 16-17 yr old and then Sachin absolutely destroyed him the next time they met. But that was not as recent as I thought, time flies:D.

Also, I think Chawla was a gun bowler who didn't put that extra effort to improve his game/fitness. His quick arm action made it tough to pick his googlies, loved watching him. Zampa over Chawla any day though.