• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ACC Asia Cup Qualifiers 2018 - Malaysia

cnerd123

likes this
ACC Asia Cup Qualifier 2018

Team's taking part:

Malaysia
Hong Kong
Nepal
Oman
UAE
Singapore

The winner will proceed to the 2018 Asia Cup, scheduled to take part in UAE in September this year, featuring India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan

First game gets underway on 29th August. The Hong Kong team is already in Malaysia preparing. Decent squad selected, the biggest challenges obviously being Nepal and UAE, although Oman's T20 form has been solid so they may spring an upset or two.

cnerd123

likes this
Malaysia - sledger
Hong Kong - *****
Singapore - Daemon
Nepal - Spikey?

Oman and UAE up for grabs, and Nepal too if Spikey doesn't see this thread/doesn't say anything

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I loved my time in Malaysia, hope to go back before too long.

I remember thinking whilst I was there, if GTA was real, and it was set in Asia, this is what it would be like.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The jungle basically surrounds everything. The entire country is massive jungle where various towns and roads have been hollowed out.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolutely, I was especially taken aback by the fact that there is quite dense forestation literally less than ten meters away from 10-lane motorways. It's mental.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
A close friend of mine is an exotic breed of Emrati-Canadian, so that might be reason enough for me to randomly support UAE.

smash84

The Tiger King
I'll take UAE, I look fondly on some of the times that I spent in Dubai.

Would have rooted for Malaysia if sledger had not taken it. I absolutely loved the place, especially Penang

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'll claim Nepal. (Remember who predicted the famous Nepal U19 win against NZ U19 back in the day?)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honestly I'll be surprised if we win more than 1 game. National team doesn't have a ground which means players are relying on club trainings for most of their practice. Not ideal prep.

Hope we beat Malaysia tho, **** em.

Daemon

UAE beat Malaysia today by 57 runs in the warm up. Can't find a scorecard unfortunately.

smash84

The Tiger King
Wait, there are still only warm ups going on? I thought the qualifiers would have started by now.

cnerd123

likes this
First set of games takes place tomorrow:

Malaysia vs Hong Kong at Kinrara Oval
Nepal vs Oman at Bayuemas Oval
UAE vs Singapore at UKM Oval

Daemon

Kinrara is the best ground I've ever played on (not a great sample size tbf). Fast outfield, relatively big boundaries. Value for your shots but mi****s don't get you boundaries. The wickets been different the two times I've been there but it's a bit slow and low in general I believe. They'll probably spruce it up for this event though.