• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Abu Dhabi T10 Competition...PL (Power Laxative)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know...if this a thing? I just tuned into my Willow Channel and saw Mooeenn Ali at the toss, with Danny Morrison.

SillyCowCorner1

In an earlier game, Munsey and Russell were involved in a partnership of 79 in 4.5 overs. Dre with a 50-something off 24 balls.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Lots of English players around, quite a few picked up recently as a result of the Pakistan players not being there.

theegyptian

This tournament is pretty good imo. I think t10 is better than t20 tbh. T20 goes on for too long for what it is. T10 you can sit down for 90 minutes watching the tv and the game is over. Works well for the venue with 3 games a day at the same stadium.

ECB's hundred already looks outdated - they should have gone straight to t10 or the sixty. Would have made a lot more sense. Could have still had the county t20 and then they could have had the premier t10 competition.

Definitely potential to have t10 at the olympics. Quick enough to be finished within the timeframe of a 16 day olympics, and short enough matches for consumption by casual fans on tv and at stadium.

slippy888

International Captain
20 20 is a better balance between bat and ball this 10 over stuff is ridiclous all in favor of batsman.

FBU

International Debutant
This tournament is pretty good imo. I think t10 is better than t20 tbh. T20 goes on for too long for what it is. T10 you can sit down for 90 minutes watching the tv and the game is over. Works well for the venue with 3 games a day at the same stadium.

ECB's hundred already looks outdated - they should have gone straight to t10 or the sixty. Would have made a lot more sense. Could have still had the county t20 and then they could have had the premier t10 competition.

Definitely potential to have t10 at the olympics. Quick enough to be finished within the timeframe of a 16 day olympics, and short enough matches for consumption by casual fans on tv and at stadium.
I agree. Much prefer the T10, 3 games a day and over in 10 days. Highest T10 score is 183/2 last year. Today highest score so far 138/2 Lynn 91*.
One day we will have a 200 T10, a 300 T20 and a 500 ODI.

SillyCowCorner1

I agree. Much prefer the T10, 3 games a day and over in 10 days. Highest T10 score is 183/2 last year. Today highest score so far 138/2 Lynn 91*.
One day we will have a 200 T10, a 300 T20 and a 500 ODI.
And a 1500 test, no?

theegyptian

Garton, who hardly plays for Sussex is the leading wicket taker at the moment. 6-0-58-7.

Abu Dhabi T10, 2019/20 Cricket Team Records & Stats | ESPNcricinfo.com
That sussex t20 team is pretty stacked as seen by the 11 players picked up for the hundred - although Garton wasn't among them.

He's bowled pretty well from what I've seen, although probably not as good as the figures suggest. What he does offer is a good package.

As his coach Jason Gillespie says

"We see him as an allrounder. As a batsman he has a real power game and a touch game. He is also the best fielder going around in the country. It's exciting." https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics...on_fulfil_potential_2019_jason_gillespie.html

Certainly somone who might come into contention for England in the shorter formats in the next few years if he can get his main skill of bowling together and consistent.