• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AB de Villiers now the one and only "AB"

dogwalker

U19 Captain
I tried to look up the cricketer formerly known as AB's Test strike-rate, but cricinfo haven't bothered to list it. File it under negligible, I guess.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I mean seriously, lets not pretend that AB isn't the meanest blocker of a cricket ball around when playing for a draw. Longest test innings without a boundary in history.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Fair shout on Colly. I kind of prefer it from people who are considered flair players and downhill skiers though. Bell has played a few in recent years where every block has been a big **** you to thousands. Glorious.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've only ever known Alan Border as a selector and media pundit and he comes across as a weak, talentless, boring old man, about as inspiring as an Indian fast bowler. These are not the traits I expect in an AB. He can **** right off and get a new acronym
You ****. Let this blow in play 153 consecutive tests, captain a weak as piss side to the road to domination and tell his premiere quick he can **** off in the next plane home. Then we will talk.

Great knock though.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Despite the eye-widening nature of the display I don't think an innings can really be called a 'great' knock if it doesn't have any impact on the outcome of the match. Does anyone think SA would have lost this if he'd got a duck after coming in at 247/1?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
My post from 3 days back sums up my views re AB quite well:

AB has been developing into the superstar of our generation. If he was an Indian, he would have been hailed as the new Tendulkar already. AB is such a star.
Border was great, for sure, however, he always slides a notch below the best Australian batsmen. People talk about Bradman, Greg Chappell, Ponting and S Waugh more in that regard. The way AB is continuing, he can easily be the best batsman of the post Tendulkar generation. He is such a shot maker, will be in the category of the Pontings and the Tendulkars and not the Dravids and the Kallis' for this reason. A notch higher than the blockers. Still early days to take career calls, mind. We all think lesser of Cook now than 2 years ago, for instance.

FTR, I love watching AB bat. Such a lovely player to watch.

Last edited:

Antihippy

International Debutant
I don't think Allan border was mostly revered for his batting. It's a part of it, but there's a whole bunch of other stuff which is what makes him so respected in Australia.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The fact people are actually talking about Allan Border's achievements in this thread is a win for me, and a big win for AB.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think Allan border was mostly revered for his batting. It's a part of it, but there's a whole bunch of other stuff which is what makes him so respected in Australia.
It's his hard hitting performances in the media that makes us love Border. He takes no prisoners and is constantly ranting. It's amazing.

Antihippy

International Debutant
It's his hard hitting performances in the media that makes us love Border. He takes no prisoners and is constantly ranting. It's amazing.
Seeing how we keep wheeling chapelli out we just love our cranky old men in the media.

javaperth

Banned
:D
I heard westindies a famous place for hurricane but history says Jan.18, 2015 biggest hurricane hit southafrica, century in 31 balls, 16 sixes, he Equal rohit Sharma 16 sixes (209) vs. Australia
I do not believed this match 3 batsman hit centuries.wow
439 for 2
World record is 443 for 7, so close, LANKA hold record.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
When the forum was down I spent some quality time looking at pictures of Faf and AB's wives. Faf is winning that battle.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
When the forum was down I spent some quality time looking at pictures of Faf and AB's wives. Faf is winning that battle.
Remember when Faf ran AB out in the World Cup quarter final vs NZ and the NZ players surrounded Faf like a pack of hyenas (including 12th man Mills), and AB returned back from walking to the pavilion to save Faf.

Honestly AB is the greatest bloke.