• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Tribute to Anil Kumble-For Completing 100 Tests

James

Cricket Web Owner
Slats4ever said:
And the fact that his statistics are superior to Kumble's in arguably the most important categories, you single minded twerp.
Let's not get into name calling please.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Congrats to Kumble - certainly the stats SJS highlighted the other day told the story of a quite underrated player. I'm also of the opinion that he should have been playing in the Super Series test, and I'm convinced that the desire to have a NZ player represented somehow was the sole reason Vettori was given preference.

Also, I think people forget that the last time India were out here in '03/04, Kumble was by a fair margin the pick of the bowlers (of either side).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
and I may humbly remind certain fans here that a certain SCG MacGill played that series as well, and said that "it is not like they know what I am bowling, it is like they don't care what I am bowling"...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
honestbharani said:
and I may humbly remind certain fans here that a certain SCG MacGill played that series as well, and said that "it is not like they know what I am bowling, it is like they don't care what I am bowling"...
LOL that was a great quote! I don't reckon Laxman rated MacGill at all that series. He made him his female dog, other than a few dismissals on boxing day which we'll dismiss as 'freak occurences'.

Deja moo

International Captain
Buddhmaster said:
If Warne wasn't in the picture, Stuey would be the world's best spinner. You all know that right?
Oh my...its like an epidemic. Where do kids nowadays get these ideas ?

C_C

International Captain
Buddhmaster said:
Probably from watching the cricket and seeing how Stuey is just that much better
I dont think you can actually watch any cricket with such a brilliant yellow tint on your eyeballs.
Its just a big, bad yellow world !

Buddhmaster

International Captain
C_C said:
I dont think you can actually watch any cricket with such a brilliant yellow tint on your eyeballs.
Its just a big, bad yellow world !
Hahaha, onya CC. Where are you from? I actually have no idea

Deja moo

International Captain
Buddhmaster said:
Probably from watching the cricket and seeing how Stuey is just that much better
"Stuey' cannot even claim to be better than Kaneria, let alone Kumble. Go try.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
why can't u guys provide major statistical/logical arguments, besides the fact you think australian fans are biased?

It's getting very old and painful every time we say something that we get labelled as being biased. Averages point to McGill being a more superior bowler yet some of you base your opinions solely on the strength of your emotions and claim that he can't be in the same class as kumble...

C_C

International Captain
lets just cut it short and get to the bottom of it.

"i > you. "

There. Bottomline.
Now we can all rest in peace.

Deja moo

International Captain
Slats4ever said:
why can't u guys provide major statistical/logical arguments, besides the fact you think australian fans are biased?

It's getting very old and painful every time we say something that we get labelled as being biased. Averages point to McGill being a more superior bowler yet some of you base your opinions solely on the strength of your emotions and claim that he can't be in the same class as kumble...
:laugh:

refer post # 39. Still waiting for your 'hard cold facts'

C_C

International Captain
Slats4ever said:

statistical argument has been presented but you seem to be oblivious to that.
Kumble's record against the best spin-playing nations are significantly better than McGill's.
Kumble's overall record is superior to McGill's,despite not having possibly the best cast in the last 10 years to support him.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
C_C said:
lets just cut it short and get to the bottom of it.

"i > you. "

There. Bottomline.
Now we can all rest in peace.
Hahahahaha. C_C's got the ball and you aint gettin it off him