• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A thread to post in if your country has won soccer, rugby and cricket World Cups

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
League and Union I presume, T20 or 50 overs,doesn't matter either way I suppose.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ha.

Can confidently predict no other country will ever come close.
It might be possible if you include the women's teams who tend to line up at FIFA events in a pretty different pecking order. The Australian ladies usually get a lot further than the mens' team for the last few decades and will get a chance to host in 2023.

But even then, their best finish is a quarter final so you'd expect this to remain ours alone.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The weird thing about this particular bit of jingoism, is we've actually underperformed in all of them really, Even Oz has more titles than us in Union, and they couldn't give a **** about the form.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't wanna ask in the other thread for the sake of solidarity and presenting a united front, but obviously this is a safe space.

Why are we saying the Denmark goal shouldn't count? I missed the memo.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah, yeah. Definitely a soft one. To be fair still not as soft as our penalty but I thought the challenge in the box on Kane that wasn't given was a more obvious foul than both.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There was that, but apparently there’s a fairly new rule that attackers can’t stand within 1m of the wall and this was violated heavily.

Shame @Furball can’t post in here to reply how it’s a stupid rule so doesn’t count because that’s the only argument he will be able to come up with I’m afraid

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It's quite rare that you get this sort of karma during a game. The way the wall sneaked across into an illegal position as the kicker was approaching the ball was clearly a preconceived act of gamesmanship. It's very clear from this angle. :cheers: