• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Team for Trent Bridge?

Bazza

International 12th Man
Well we'll wait and see Chris but Batty has only been a regular since he went to Worcs which was at the start of last season. He has only bowled well for half a season, and if he doesn't bowl well against quality batsman on great pitches he's going to really have a hard time of it. I'd love him to prove me wrong however...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chris.hinton said:
Batty is Ordinary you say, well what tosh Bazza Batty taking wickets can flight the ball up and can score runs i think this is test class?

Chapple is a donkey
Now that Chris has said this, Batty shall make a pair, get clobbered for 200 runs unreturned and drop 12 catches. Chapple will go on to score 372 not out and take 9 for 22 in the first. In the second innings, he will take 5 wickets for 2 runs and reduce SA to 20/5, then Stewie will get injured and Chapple will take up the gloves and get 2 stumpings and 3 catches. :D :D

Or maybe not...

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Now that Chris has said this, Batty shall make a pair, get clobbered for 200 runs unreturned and drop 12 catches. Chapple will go on to score 372 not out and take 9 for 22 in the first. In the second innings, he will take 5 wickets for 2 runs and reduce SA to 20/5, then Stewie will get injured and Chapple will take up the gloves and get 2 stumpings and 3 catches. :D :D

Or maybe not...
No, no, this could happen, except not by this player, not by this team and not against graeme smith. (smith may be the one to acheive this!)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
I could not understand the selections of Chapple and Batty. I wouldnt bother picking Batty or Giles at Leeds and Nottingham.
Now he's in the squad, I would play both Batty and Giles in this weather.

Off spinner to trouble the left handers, then Anderson, Harmison and Flintoff as the pace bowlers.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
Batty is Ordinary you say, well what tosh Bazza Batty taking wickets can flight the ball up and can score runs i think this is test class?
Don't go OTT Chris - he's been an average performer in all honesty. To call him Test Class is a bit silly this early on, and if he flights the ball up against Smith, we could see a few big hits.

chris.hinton said:
Chapple is a donkey
Agree with that one!

Bazza

International 12th Man
Interesting suggestion there form Marc, and I can see where he's coming from. Two spinners would be as good as any other combination. So yeah why not keep the three main seamers and then bowl two spinners. This will reduce the workload and pressur eon the others. Of course, if Batty gets smashed around there will be problems, but he looked a useful bowler on Saturday. He can definitely turn the ball.

chris.hinton

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Don't go OTT Chris - he's been an average performer in all honesty. To call him Test Class is a bit silly this early on, and if he flights the ball up against Smith, we could see a few big hits.

Agree with that one!
Rubbish marc you can create chances

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Have you seen the form Smith is in?

The only bowler to trouble really him at any point has been Giles.

Yes give Batty a go, but don't be surprised if he tosses it up and gets annihilated by Smith.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm all in favour of Batty getting a go - over the wicket, a foot outside off stump is definitely how I would try to keep Smith in check.

It may work, it may be absolute carnage - but either way, it will be fun to watch.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I assume the team he's referring to is England because otherwise he's wrong.

Batty plays for Worcestershire and Smith for Kent.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Fun?? A slow bowler?? Is this the same LE? ;) :)
Love strike bowlers as you well know - but I've started to appreciate the spinner's art.

I think Murali's hypnotised me.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
nah, murali couldn't hypnotise me, his action is so erratic and he looks like he throws.