• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Question:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
For next season, can we add a number of the recently inactive players into the grade competition; particularly those who didn't have particularly long Dev League careers. People like, and this is because I'm more familiar with Colts types, Fensome (Chubb), Brown (King_Ponting), Tucker (Bluefox, or something?). Just to add a bit more realism; these are the sort of guys who didn't manage to keep their contracts and got sent back to grade cricket, in real life.

The way I'm envisioning it, Gary Nayak would be borderline, maybe too experienced. Although I wouldn't really see the harm in him playing Grade still.

It also could help them come back and get active again, especially those whom still post in other parts of the forum.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
As long as their stats are lowered so they are on par with Grade players i think its a good idea. I remember last season we had inactive guys like Warwick dominating the league after they went inactive cus they played all the games. With less Dev League players in the Grade side, due to changes with byes. You don't want teams to dominate cus they have former gun players like Feeney or Timewell. Also the only players that would be involved one would think is inactive players, not retired players like Hoy, Goff and Nayak, as they all retired from all forms

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As long as their stats are lowered so they are on par with Grade players i think its a good idea. I remember last season we had inactive guys like Warwick dominating the league after they went inactive cus they played all the games. With less Dev League players in the Grade side, due to changes with byes. You don't want teams to dominate cus they have former gun players like Feeney or Timewell. Also the only players that would be involved one would think is inactive players, not retired players like Hoy, Goff and Nayak, as they all retired from all forms
Yep, agree with all that. Grade would be much more interesting with names we might recognise, even if they do have lowered stats to ensure they don't dominate. Also agree re: it only being for inactive players - people who retire should have their retirement respected.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yeah, this is a good idea.

(Actually, it could be implemented fairly soon. Just a matter of throwing out the amateurs and bringing new players in.)