• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A New Cricket Bat

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I guess ive been a consistend off-spinner for my team

have been averaging 3wickets / match

batting average is 30 at number 5 not a powerful stroker of the ball just a take the time "dravid/chanderpaul" guy

Hoepfully i can play for Auckland and New Zealand in few years

gonna try real hard to get to that

Kimbo

International Debutant
Hoepfully i can play for Auckland and New Zealand in few years
me too...
next friday i am going to the nz cricket academy at lincoln, because i am in the nz development squad- i am really looking forward to that. i have an ongoing fear however that i will wake up and my leg spinning ability will have gone- like mark richardson with his off spinning.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Don't think about it, just bowl. Anyway, if you start batting like Richardson it won't bother you too much will it...

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
hey, i am also an offie. i have averages 4 wickets a match this season, for 5 runs a piece. sometimes they make me open with the new ball :). i have the most screwed up body now cos i have never had a game last season that i didn't bowl my 10 overs on the trot. pitty my batting is a bit "strange."my average this year was 12, but high score 4* lol. but this year i batted 4 times, and got 9 runs, 8 of those runs was one innings, including a six of the first ball, then a 2 the next ball then out. next match i got one, then 2 ducks (not golden ;))

Kimbo

International Debutant
i have opened quite a few times too. i get a lot of purchase with the new ball, i also open if its wet- because i cant bowl by the time about 8 overs are gone when the seam swells.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Don't take the mickey out of the junior sides Neil!
Maybe when they start to convince me that there's any talent in any of the years from 10 downwards that would compare to the team we had in Y9 & Y10, then...

County Cup Semi Finalists 1997 & 1999
County Cup Quarter Finalists 2000
Millennium Trophy Winners 2000