• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A hundred in the debut and the whereabouts unknown

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
We have seen so many players who score hundred in their test debuts and go on to make it big like Miandad,Ganguly,Graham Thorpe and it is a long list of course.

But in the meantime, there have been batsmen who disappeared rather too soon after making
their debut hundreds.

Players i remember:

Ali Naqvi
Mohammed Wasim
Praveen Amre

What went wrong??? Your thoughts

Last edited:

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
Craig said:
As is Lou Vincent and Matt Sinclair.
Sinclair has definately been in and out of the side.

Vincent, after floundering for a few seasons, is slowly but surely starting to make a consistent impact.

Perhaps Skippy changed his cellphone number and forgot to tell the selectors?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Ganguly and Thorpe are not greats of the game.

Regardless, Dwayne Smith comes to mind.
They are not great, but they were regulars in their sides for more than a decent while, which, IMO, means they made it big, which is what the original post says.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
A hundred in the debut and the whereabouts unknown ....

1. Charles Bannerman
...to be continued
:sleep:

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
honestbharani said:
They are not great, but they were regulars in their sides for more than a decent while, which, IMO, means they made it big, which is what the original post says.
It was my mistake. The initial contents of the thread , i had the word "great", later i modified it.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Rodney Redmond (100 and 80 against Pakistan in the early 1970s)- his son Aaron now plays for Otago
Khalid "Billy" Ibadulla (166 on debut) - still coaching in Dunedin as a professional coach. Taught me everything I know about leg-spinning.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Prince EWS said:
I found out about a year or so ago that Im actually related to Charles Bannerman.
Aren't we all cousins something like a maximum of 13 or 14 times removed?

(For Arkansas, read 'something like a maximum of once removed').