• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

a general question

nibbs

International Captain
is it just me, or does Australia get super lame around this time every time every four years? I for one think yes

debate

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, super lame that's for sure Nibs. Considering how many more Gold medals that New Zealand have than Australia after only two days. Wake up to yourself mate. :-O

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
Is there really much point in this thread or just to flame war?
nibbs just having his daily cry and whinge, i think he needs to come to grips with the fact australia isnt as bad as he thinks it is....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he just needs to get over the fact that he was born a kiwi and will never be Australian...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Simon

Blewy said:
I think he just needs to get over the fact that he was born a kiwi and will never be Australian...

HAHAHAHAHAHA
LOL, i never thought of that, but it seems like an obvious explaination.....

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Blewy said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Geez, poor bloke.
The mind boggles to think of all the things he could be arrogant about if he were...

Simon

haha, u can have a parade for ur 3 gold medalists and pat each other on the back for coming 40th on the medal tally, well done.
we'll just sit in the corner sobbing over our current 17 golds and poor performance in sitting 4th on the medal tally...

_Ed_

Well actually, 21st in the medal tally isn't bad, and 3 golds compared to your 17 isn't too bad either when you consider that we only have 4 million people when you have about 5 times that.

So per capita, we're doing almost as well as you.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
well said ed.. i dont think we have any reason to cry.. rather than cry of happiness we well beat countries like India , South Africa, who have more people than we do ... and more capacity to support their representative players..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
_Ed_ said:
Well actually, 21st in the medal tally isn't bad, and 3 golds compared to your 17 isn't too bad either when you consider that we only have 4 million people when you have about 5 times that.

So per capita, we're doing almost as well as you.
Saw something about a 'normalised medal table' the other day, can't remember where.

NZ and Aus were right up there, the Scandinavians were too, Britain were in about the same spot they currently occupy and India were bottom.