• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A few questions about cricket

spifflystar

Cricket Spectator
hiya

so I'm playing cricket though I'm quite new to it, so have a few questions.

firstly, I read on multiple sites that if the batsman hits the ball past a certain boundary, it either gets called a four (or six) and they get four (or six) runs. Does this mean they still have to run to the opposite side and the 'four' runs are added on to their runs? Or do they just stay where they are, and get four runs?

I'll post a few more questions soon maybe, I'm just trying to learn. and if there's any easy guide on how to learn cricket, do link me! I still need to learn how they do scoring n stuff..

it's a great game!

cnerd123

likes this
They stay where they are, although in practice they usually start running after hitting it, just in case it doesn't cross the boundary. Once the ball crosses the fence they return back to their position

_00_deathscar

International Debutant
They stay where they are, although in practice they usually start running after hitting it, just in case it doesn't cross the boundary. Once the ball crosses the fence they return back to their position
You nice man you. If I were the first person commenting I'd have told him/her that he/she needs to run all 4 or 6 runs for it to be valid.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn't it be interesting if they changed the rules so you only got as many runs as you could run before it reached the boundary. Batting teams would prefer the MCG to Eden Park.

cnerd123

likes this
You nice man you. If I were the first person commenting I'd have told him/her that he/she needs to run all 4 or 6 runs for it to be valid.
I never troll people who are curious about the sport. Why would I chase potential new fans away from appreciating something as amazing as Cricket?

Bijed

International Regular
I never troll people who are curious about the sport. Why would I chase potential new fans away from appreciating something as amazing as Cricket?
You've changed so much since you found out Tim Cutler was on here :ph34r: