• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Brand New Proposal To Revitalise CRICKETWEB dot NET slash FORUM

❌?

• Total voters

ataraxia

International Coach
The Like reaction is now unnecessary. This bland, insipid emoji used to serve the good people of CW well, but now it is just that: bland and insipid. The only mission the Like reaction now accomplishes is to demonstrate the sheer extent of CW uncreativity: with all these brilliant options available, CWers always fall back on this evil mediocrity.

Deprecate it, I say. Force the use of more impactful reactions like Thanks, Love, Wow, and Haha. If one looks around the CW reaction landscape, what can be seen is progressive posters using the reactions of the modern age, but all efforts to improve the look of the site are thwarted by mindless sheep clicking Like. You know how you hate it when there are two icons below the post signalling the reactions, one of them being Like? This forward-looking proposal will remove that hatred from our lives. A recent change in reactions occurred, but it didn't go far enough. ¡Viva la Revolución!

"But but it is amazing in its subtlety!": what BS. We don't procrastinate on CW for subtleties. We want over-the-top melodrama. And the Like reaction just weakens that effect. All these melodramatic reactions are little-used, thanks to this horrid one encroaching upon the others' territory. It seems like over half the use of the much-demanded Info is ironic. Whilst that irony is hilarious, the equally lovely use of it as a genuine reacc has been swamped up by the evil like.

Poll with further context above.

ataraxia

International Coach
The Like reaction is now unnecessary. This bland, insipid emoji used to serve the good people of CW well, but now it is just that: bland and insipid. The only mission the Like reaction now accomplishes is to demonstrate the sheer extent of CW uncreativity: with all these brilliant options available, CWers always fall back on this evil mediocrity.

Deprecate it, I say. Force the use of more impactful reactions like Thanks, Love, Wow, and Haha. If one looks around the CW reaction landscape, what can be seen is progressive posters using the reactions of the modern age, but all efforts to improve the look of the site are thwarted by mindless sheep clicking Like. You know how you hate it when there are two icons below the post signalling the reactions, one of them being Like? This forward-looking proposal will remove that hatred from our lives. A recent change in reactions occurred, but it didn't go far enough. ¡Viva la Revolución!

"But but it is amazing in its subtlety!": what BS. We don't procrastinate on CW for subtleties. We want over-the-top melodrama. And the Like reaction just weakens that effect. All these melodramatic reactions are little-used, thanks to this horrid one encroaching upon the others' territory. It seems like over half the use of the much-demanded Info is ironic. Whilst that irony is hilarious, the equally lovely use of it as a genuine reacc has been swamped up by the evil like.

Poll with further context above.
ok

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is AWTA-erasure
I tried to discover
A little something to make me sweeter
Oh baby refrain
From giving a li-i-I-ike
Give me a ‘love’ from you
I’ll be forever true
Don’t you give me no reason
Why I shouldn’t work so har-ard

That you give me no
That you give me no
That you give me no
That you give me no
So-o-oul

****’s sake. Just gimme a little respect.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like you
I love you
I heart you
I hug you
*sideways laugh
I am not angry at you
I am shocked that I am not hugging you tighter
Which makes me sad
I’m not gonna high-five or pray for this

TMI (this was informative in some capacity)