• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

9th June - Group A - New Zealand v Bangladesh

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

burr

State Vice-Captain
Bangas!!! And from 4/30 or whatever. Brilliant stuff. What a glorious day this has been - in the sporting and political arenas.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That being said, I've had enough minnow upsets for now. I hope the four strongest sides pull through. Let's not pretend SL, Bangladesh, and Pak are not going to choke badly in any one of the next two or three games.
One of Pak or SL is going through.

Burner

International Regular
Haha those kind of partnerships are just the worst if you are supporting the bowling team. You start about very confident of a easy win and then you start doubting and then for the last 120 runs you keep thinking 'just one wicket and we are back in it' for the whole time until it never comes.

hazsa19

International Regular
What a chase! Didn't think they had a chance 4 down for practically nothing. Two days in a row too, loving this tournament.

Shame it wasn't played at a proper ground in front of a decent crowd.

jcas0167

International Debutant
No Shakib and Mahmadullah, I'm not falling for the false hope this time

I got my own cricket match tomorrow. And we might actually win. So I'm calling it a night and going to bed, I'll read about your loss in the morning
Classic :-D

Howsie

International Captain
Wow, congrats Bangladesh, that looks like some chase from the position they were in.

For obvious reasons I went to bed when Williamson was run out by Taylor but you pretty much knew what was going to happen from there, we all have for the last 12-18 months. This team is so badly constructed in isn't funny. Since McCullum has retired and even before New Zealand haven't had

- A decent opening partner with Guptill
- A run scoring keeper
- A ****ing competent middle to lower order
- A wicket taking option in the middle overs

Will anything change, of course not. Watch as New Zealand are continued to be run into the ground by a guy who has held his position for way too long and seemingly faces no accountability. This team hasn't only gotten worse it's gotten older, Hesson and the Pizza Boy have refused to restoke the cupboard and have instead decided on picking journeymen in their mid 30's to come into this team, players such as de Grandhomme, Broom, Brownlie and Patel who have never been 'great' one day players somehow picked for whatever reason Hesson and co can come up with on the day.

McCullum said on air during the game last night that the best thing about Mike Hesson is that he'll stick with a guy for a long time even when he's struggling..... Has that ever worked for us? Its not a good thing Brendan when that allows a guy who has averaged 10 for two and a half years continue to get a run, that's a terrible, terrible thing.

Jezroy

State Captain
I just cannot fathom how an earth you have a side 34/4, IN CONDITIONS YOU HAVE AN ADVANTAGE IN, and then contrive to let this mess happen? As impressive as it is by BD, this is one hell of a **** up by the kiwis tbh. Will questions have to be asked about Hesson now after this impending humiliation?
Not quite as humiliating as not making the tournament, but fair

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fully expecting ***** to be literally incoherent
Just another day then.

Well done Bangers. Big win, had their tourney on the line and delivered with an exceptional come back. That's great stuff.

Mike5181

International Captain
Nothing on the schedule for us until late November and **** all test cricket in the next year or so. Truly the darkest timeline.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm so happy this happened I'm not even upset I slept through it

In fact I am 100% certain had I watched they would have lost. It's almost like trying to study the movement small particles. Merely trying to observe them alters the outcome.

Please England just wreck the Aussies.

SL Bada

Cricket Spectator
Well done BAN. Fought back from difficult positions. Restricted NZ when they looked good to score at least 280-290. Then that partnership in the run chase.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I'm so happy this happened I'm not even upset I slept through it

In fact I am 100% certain had I watched they would have lost. It's almost like trying to study the movement small particles. Merely trying to observe them alters the outcome.

Please England just wreck the Aussies.
Investigations into quantum phenomena relating to the variations in performance of specific subcontinental cricket teams Prof. *****, Dr Spark