• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kapil Dev vs Shakib Al Hasan

Who is the greater test all rounder?

• Kapil Dev

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • Shakib Al Hasan

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh please. Dev busted his chops as the only bloke from his country who could bowl above slow medium on flat decks unsuited to him. Al Hasan just dumps it into the pre-prepped rough. He’s a joke of a cricketer.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm going to be the nerd.

Shakib averages sub-30 against Aus, Eng, India and SA with the bat. He's had his chances too. That's 20 tests.

On the plus side he comes to the party with the ball most of the time. Only sucks vs India and loves him some SENA sides. Home and away splits very respectable as well though pretty disappointing in India and NZ with the ball.

Kapil's batting is all over the place. Sub-30 against Aussie, NZ (14 lol), Pakistan and just above 30 against the Windies but did score tons. Home track man with the bat but had his moments away.

Bowling also all over the show. Did well in Aus, India and WI but was woeful in NZ, England, SA and mediocre in SL.

My only real conclusion is I think of these guys as slightly more bowling allrounders now than balanced allrounders and that Kapil chose the right countries to be good in/against for his legacy.

Burgey

Sir its 2022. Dev isn't even a top 5 Indian pace bowler anymore.
Well of course he isn’t, he’s 63 years old Ffs

bet you he could still bowl decent finger spin by dumping it into moon crater sized rough prepared just for him though.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Very close. When CW voted on allrounders earlier in the year, Shakib came in 6th and Kapil 7th (top 5 - Sobers, Imran, Kallis, Miller, Botham).

Shakib wins on batting and bowling is pretty even, so I'd give it to him.

Burgey

Shakib Al Hasan being in the top 20 test all rounders of all time let alone the top half dozen is an abomination and shows many CW members have mashed pumpkin for brains.

Jayro

U19 12th Man
I wonder if Kapil ever was a threat for the top order of opposition, if yes then it is a no contest.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Other than Bumrah who is made of glass and only has an arguable case, I am curious to know who are the jokers ahead of Kapil.
Bumrah, Shami, Bhuvi, Zaheer (ew), Sharma and maybe Yadav

Kapil on bowling alone wouldn't even make it into AU or NZ today.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Shakib Al Hasan being in the top 20 test all rounders of all time let alone the top half dozen is an abomination and shows many CW members have mashed pumpkin for brains.
Well I'd put Aubrey Faulkner, Hadlee, and Shaun Pollock ahead of both Shakib and Kapil, so about 9th or 10th sounds right.

Australia would have loved him at 6/7 post Warne. Better bowler than Lyon and averages 40 with the bat.