• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The best Indian side: India (2007-2011) vs India (2015-2022)

Better team

• India 2007-2011

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • India 2015 - 2022

Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters

subshakerz

International Coach
Thus is a spinoff from another thread. Which is the greatest Indian side?

2007-2011:
Sehwag
Gambir
Dravid
Tendulkar
Ganguly/Yuvraj
Laxman
Dhoni
Harbi
Kumble
Zaheer
Sreesanth

2015-2022:
Rohit
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Pant
Ashwin
Jadeja
Ishant
Bumrah
Shami

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
i think it's the earlier side all jokes aside

i'd back the bowlers from the first side to make big inroads into the second side more so than vice versa (even despite how good the bowling attack is in the new side)

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
2007 had batting muscle while 2015 wins on bowling. But Kohli's Godly form in the earlier years and the presence of two good all-rounders in Jadeja and Ashwin wins it for the 2015 side.

Xuhaib

International Coach
2007 side.

As good as the current bowling attack is the earlier side is one of the greatest batting side off all time and I would back them to score runs both home and away against pace and spin.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its very close but I did expect more from the post 2015 side. I guess its them by that factor then. I actually think the Virat led Indian side is the 3rd best test side I have seen.

subshakerz

International Coach
Let's look at their achievements:

2007 side: Wins in England and NZ, draw in SA, unbeaten at home, no.1 in all three formats by 2011, won both T20 and regular WCs

2015 side: Indomitable at home, longest test no.1 since 2000s Australia, back to back series victories in Australia.

2007 achieved more IMO.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Why is this 2007-2011 and not 2003-2011.75% team composition remained the same only main change I remember Kumble and Ganguly being main part in the first half while Dhoni and Gambhir being integral post 2007.

I think draw 1-1 with Aus in 2003 was a bigger achievement then a 2-1 win in 2018

Slifer

International Captain
Assuming the match is being played in India(duh) then I'm going with 2007-11 team. Sehwag would absolutely murder any spinner and pace bowler in India. Sachin and Dravid need no introduction. And I think even though there is a gulf in bowling, with the match being played in India the gulf isn't as pronounced as the batting is.

Xix2565

International Debutant
Assuming the match is being played in India(duh) then I'm going with 2007-11 team. Sehwag would absolutely murder any spinner and pace bowler in India. Sachin and Dravid need no introduction. And I think even though there is a gulf in bowling, with the match being played in India the gulf isn't as pronounced as the batting is.
Nah this is a heavy overrating of batting prowess vs bowling prowess.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I don't think current Indian team has come up against a world class batting unit apart from the last series in Aus hence that is one of the greatest away wins of last 20 years. Both England AND South Africa were. Much better batting units during 07-11 era