• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jade Dernbach

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
He had all the tools to get the job done, but he didn't know how to use them. I can only imagine how effective some of the other bowlers would have been with his range. Narine in his early career was tough to pick, yet he kept it simple and stuck to his stock off break(for which the field was set) against players who were quality against spin.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Best remembered in NZ for getting sacked from Wellington after going out on the lash till the early hours of game day. Wellington then went on a big winning run and took out the tournament without him.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His tatts and somewhat funny action are my memories of him from the one ODI I saw him in. Went wicketless and bled runs of course.

A really awful player at international level, be interesting to compare him to our equivalent Ben Laughlin. Now there's someone I hated to watch bowling.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
My #1 memory of him is probably the time he sledged a young David Willey in the final of the T20 Blast, provoking Willey to go beserk and hit him all round the park and winning the game for Northants, then used his man of the match interview to diss Dernbach afterwards.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
My #1 memory of him is probably the time he sledged a young David Willey in the final of the T20 Blast, provoking Willey to go beserk and hit him all round the park and winning the game for Northants, then used his man of the match interview to diss Dernbach afterwards.
Is there a link?

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't find a video or full transcript on a quick look sadly, but it's referenced by Wisden here:

I'm pretty sure in the full interview he went further and credited Dernbach as the inspiration for his performance, or something on those lines.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Quoting the Cricinfo report on the match:
- Willey, who scored only one from his first four balls, then thrashed 50 from his next 15 to reach a 19-ball half-century. It was a blitz that included 20 off one Jade Dernbach over - "I don't particularly like the bloke," Willey said by way of explanation, "he made an idiot of himself out there"

Dernbach ended up with figures of 4-0-55-0. (Willey's were 2.3-0-9-4).

Jack1

International Debutant
Very raw bowler, that obviously lacked control. Clearly a very confident player though (with pace and not scared to attempt variations, which I can respect), hence the fact England selected him 58 times and his stats are reasonable as a player.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
His tatts and somewhat funny action are my memories of him from the one ODI I saw him in. Went wicketless and bled runs of course.

A really awful player at international level, be interesting to compare him to our equivalent Ben Laughlin. Now there's someone I hated to watch bowling.
I always enjoyed how **** Laughlin was in real cricket.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
He playing for italy now how this happen without any breaking news in media
Jade Dernbach playing cricket for Italy is as unworthy of being considered breaking news as me pouring a gin instead of my usual beer on a Friday night.