• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asif vs Bond vs Harris

Better baller

• Total voters

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Asif had the coke, definitively way more fun to hang out with it and thus the supreme baller

Slifer

International Captain
I remember Lara's last series in NZ, Lara wasn't particularly comfortable vs fast bowling (who really is). Anyway, yeah Lara was getting up there age wise but Bond just absolutely owned him and had him hopping around like no other bowler has (imo).

It was only one test but that was enough for me. WAG. Him along with Bishop, Reid, Harris would've been in the upper echelon of fast men had circumstances been different. Sorry call me petty but I just can't put Asif in the same sentence as the above bowlers...for reasons.

TheJediBrah

I keep going back and forward between all 3. Hard to pick a winner. With the white ball Shane Bond for sure. Red ball probably the other 2.

(in b4 FullerPilch corrects me in detail about how Bond was a great red-ball bowler)

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
in red ball harris > bond > asif for me, just.

white ball bond played enough to be an atg imo. harris the better of the two who didnt play much.

TheJediBrah

in red ball harris > bond > asif for me, just.

white ball bond played enough to be an atg imo. harris the better of the two who didnt play much.
Rarely seen anyone as unplayable with the new white ball as Bond, sheer pace and swing. Only others in a similar league were maybe peak Brett Lee, and once or twice Nuwan Kulasekara

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember Lara's last series in NZ, Lara wasn't particularly comfortable vs fast bowling (who really is). Anyway, yeah Lara was getting up there age wise but Bond just absolutely owned him and had him hopping around like no other bowler has (imo).

It was only one test but that was enough for me. WAG. Him along with Bishop, Reid, Harris would've been in the upper echelon of fast men had circumstances been different. Sorry call me petty but I just can't put Asif in the same sentence as the above bowlers...for reasons.
Lara never was a GOAT player of express bowling as Viv or Greenidge. Shoaib, Waqar and Donald have given him very tough times. Played Wasim well as far as I know.. McGrath probaly bowled best to him. Bond and Lee had moderate success. Lara ate medium pacers for lunch. All the SAF bowlers were taken to task other than Donald IIRC. Only one to outsmart him to a degree was Vaas.

There was a bowler named Tertius Bosch who played SAF's 1st test. I can vaguely remember him bouncer barraging a West indian leftie, and the fellow looked uncomfortable. Whether it was Lara or not I cannot recall. Bosch was murdered by his partner as I have heard.