• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in England 2021 (white ball)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Well this is a thing that is scheduled

England ODI: Eoin Morgan (capt), Jonny Bairstow (wk), Tom Banton (added 1 July), Sam Billings, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Tom Curran, Liam Dawson, George Garton, Adil Rashid, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood
England T20: Eoin Morgan (capt), Jos Buttler (wk), Jonny Bairstow, Sam Billings, Dawid Malan, Liam Livingstone, Jason Roy, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Tom Curran, Liam Dawson, George Garton (added 19 June), Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood

SL squad (Both forms): Kusal Perera (capt, wk), Kusal Mendis (wk), Niroshan Dickwella (wk) (sent home for biosecurity breach), B Oshada P Fernando, Avishka Fernando (injured during T20), Danushka Gunathilake (sent home for biosecurity breach), Pathum Nissanka, Ramesh Mendis, Charith Asalanka, Dhananjaya da Silva, Wanindu Hasaranga, Ishan Jayaratne, Praveen Jayawickrama, Dhananjaya Lakshan, Dasun Shanaka, Akila Dananajaya, Dushmantha Chameera, Asitha Fernando, Binura Fernando, Shiran Fernando, Chamika Karunaratne, Nuwan Pradeep, Lakshan Sandakan, Isuru Udana.

1st T20I, Wednesday 23 June, 18.30 local (D/N), Cardiff
2nd T20I, Thursday 24 June, 18.30 local (D/N), Cardiff
3rd T20I, Saturday 26 June, 14.30 local, Southampton

1st ODI, Tuesday 29 June, 11.00 local, Chester-le-Street
2nd ODI, Thursday 1 July, 13.00 local (D/N), The Oval (London)
3rd ODI, Sunday 4 July, 11.00 local, Bristol

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
I presume this will count towards the ODI Super League rankings? Makes them slightly more important than JAMODIs if so. SL will be desperate for a win or two - they're currently dead last, which means they'll need to play a qualifying tournament in order to enter the 2023 WC lol

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Eng looks so strong and in their own conditions. SL in a wretched rut of form. SL are going to get smashed and white-washed. If it doesn't rain.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Eng looks so strong and in their own conditions. SL in a wretched rut of form. SL are going to get smashed and white-washed. If it doesn't rain.
This is the usual take. But KJP and DG firing in the same game would bring a win 95% of times. Those two are the best players of pace in the team, and currently being in form.

Hope Oshadha Fernando makes an appearance instead of DDS. once again a better player of pace, and very good player on the back foot. My XI would be;

Kusal Perera
D
hanushka Gunathilaka
A
vishka Fernando
K
usal Mendis
O
shada Fernando
N
iroshan Dikwella
W
anindu Hasaranga
D
hanajaya Lakshan
A
kila Dhananjaya/ Asitha Fernando
Dushmantha Chameera
N
uwan Pradeep

This provides batting up to #8 and 3 - 4 seamers and 2 - 3 spinners (on #9 selection)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Fancy England getting 400 if they bat first at the County Ground. Their RR in recent years is close to 8 at Bristol.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jeez, SL look faintly two bob.

Livingstone's liquorice allsorts not all that bad an option in the format though. He's listed as an offie, but seems to bowl almost as many leg cutters.

No real spin, but pretty accurate.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
the BBC commentators seem very focused on the match that's not in front of them

tbf with 55/2 after 11 and what happened yesterday you can excuse them for not pretending this is a contest

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It was just a pleasant surprise to find some live cricket on BBC2 when I was channel hopping an hour and a bit ago.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
See Jos has been given the evening off again.

Clearly playing two T20s in succession far too much for a chap of his obviously delicate constitution.

He barely had 8 weeks rest after his return from the IPL, after all.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is ****, thought I'd go BBc and not get Rashid for England Tests, based on a ridiculosly different format, but luckily batted away as nothing by Jimmeh, who is actually great in the box. Always love how the English players take the piss out of Broads reviews as much as anyone, actually so does Broad.

Reactions: FBU